I have betrayed Ola. I thought. But still, there weren't technically together at this time.

A knock on the door and the head chef popped his head.

"Mr Derek said your expecting him."

I wasn't expecting him.

"Let him in." I said.

Rasaq stood. " I should go."

We both avoided each other eyes. " Yeah." I said  quietly.

"Hey Osas." Derek excited voice boomed excitedly. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't know you had some one with you. I'll wait outside"

"No. It's okay. I was already leaving."

"What with the guy?." Derek asked as he sat opposite me.

I shrugged. " Been having bad days.".I add," didn't know I was expecting you."

He grinned. " Wanted to give you a surprise visit."

"Well that worked." I said

He tilted his head as he studied my face. " You look awful."

"Been having bad days also."

"Want to talk about it?." He was being so nice

"Nope. Not really.".

"Okay.. how is Seyi?."

"Why do ask that question?." I asked cautiously.

"Aren't you guys friends."

"Aren't you guys best friends. " I fired back.

He sighed." We are but since  returned he has been keeping things away from me." He said sadly. "When he was away in the UK we talked about everything but it was just some days ago that he told me Jems was dead."

Jems... His best friend.

"You were also close to this jems ?."

He let out a weak smile. " We were close but always fought each other."

"Maybe Seyi didn't tell you about her death because he didn't want you to feel bad." I offered.

"Well keeping things from me makes me feel more bad."

"Then tell him." I said as a matter -of- fact.

"It will sound creepy telling another man that you don't tell me things."

"It's better to try."

He caught my gaze." Do you like Seyi?. I mean more than just a friend?"

Did I say something to make him ask that question?. No I didn't.

"No. Why did you get that expression?.

"Your lying." He said instead.

"What?. No I'm not."

"Your eyes. When you talked about Seyi. Your eyes gave an expression."

I let out a nervous laugh. " Your saying nonsens. Seyi is engaged. I could possibly not like him more than just q friend."

"Exactly. Because he is engaged you try your best to deny the feelings you have for him. Ruth told me that Seyi stayed with you in the hospital."

Ruth!!.

"Yeah. He was just doing my father a favour."

He let out mock laugh. "Do you really believe that?"

I nodded." Yes."  I lied.

"That's a lie." He continued before I could talk." Ruth told me you spent up to an hour glancing at your phone all because Seyi said he would call."

My face flushed." How much did you guys talk?."