Prologue

RJ Barrett POV:

Hi My name is RJ Barrett and I am the Small Forward for New York Knicks. In case you're wondering how I met someone who will soon become my boyfriend, we met when we went to the cafe together just to have some coffee. Although, we started chatting about what we can expect when we meet in the NBA. Anyways, let's get the story started.

June 2019,
New York City,
7:30pm,

"The New York Knicks select Rowan Alexander Barrett from Duke University!" RJ was excited about the opportunity to be drafted by the New York Knicks. His family was thrilled knowing that RJ is drafted by the New York Knicks. On the contrary, he was happy knowing that he will look forward to play with the Knicks. "You did it RJ! We are so proud of you," Mr. And Mrs. Barrett said hugging him. Nathan Barrett was there with him and said. "You did it big brother,"

"Thanks guys!" He said. "So I've been wondering what we are going to do after the NBA draft," "How about I take you guys to the steakhouse?" His dad suggested. "My treat!" "Wait! So you never told me that we were going to the steakhouse, is that correct?" RJ looks perplexed because he hasn't gone to the steakhouse since declaring for the NBA draft.

Mr. Barrett: Look, I know you wanted to have a steakhouse right after you mentioned that we will take you out when you declared for the NBA draft.

RJ Barrett: of course! I'd love to eat at the steakhouse Dad.

Mr. Barrett: alright that checks out! Let's go.

Next, they were eating out at the steakhouse where they were celebrating the first NBA draft since RJ was looking forward to play with New York Knicks. Although, someone had asked if RJ is looking forward to date anyone outside of the NBA, but he said not at the moment since he is going to be focusing on the NBA career. Somehow, he would be finding someone from NCAA because he knows that there were other NBA players that dated and become mothers and fathers to their kids. Yet, RJ can hardly wait to see what happens when he goes to Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League.

~ NBA Summer League and meeting the new player ~

July 2019
Las Vegas, NV
10:00am,

RJ Barrett started his morning to get a morning coffee before he leaves for the NBA summer league. However, he is unaware that he's going to meet someone who will soon become his boyfriend. In fact, RJ noticed the guy had a black hair and he was standing at 6'7" and wore the Nike T-shirt and pants. In fact, he thought it was someone else, but he was seated near the table.

"Hello?" RJ went to the person. "Oh hey, what's up?" "Oh nothing much," He said. "Just arrived in Las Vegas yesterday," "That's so cool, what's your name?" The voice asked. "I'm Rowan Alexander AKA RJ Barrett, you?" "I'm Cam Reddish, nice to meet you RJ," Cam Reddish said.

RJ Barrett: so what brings you here?

Cam Reddish: I came here for the NBA Summer League.

RJ Barrett: same! Which team do you play for?

Cam Reddish: Atlanta Hawks, you?

RJ Barrett: New York Knicks.

Cam Reddish: Awesome!

RJ Barrett: Yep.

RJ Barrett POV:

Dude! I had to admit Cam is such an attractive guy but I'm not sure if I should be the person who would date because I'm hella shy and dirty at the moment. Plus, this is my first day being on the NBA Summer League and no I didn't use any dating apps, I was looking for someone who would be interested in me. Ok RJ, you can stop talking now haha 😆. Anyways, I am not dating anyone else, but we'll just go as friends. I'm thinking me and Cam will just be going on acquaintances first before he comes to me and tell me that he's in love with me.

Cam Reddish POV:

I love the look on RJ's face as he looks like the man that I would be on a romantic relationship with. Although, I have to give it some time first because me and RJ were just friends, so we still have to do the long haul before I jump into a romantic relationship.

RJ Barrett: It was nice talking to you Cam, I think I am heading to the game soon

Cam Reddish: Nice talking to you too RJ, do you want me to drop you off?

RJ Barrett: I'm fine, thanks. I can take the bus heading straight.

Cam Reddish: Please RJ, I insist. I don't want you to be stranded for long.

RJ Barrett: sure.

Cam Reddish: Alright! Let's go! 😁.

RJ and Cam went on the car rides together to go to the game and headed to the practice facility.

Author's note:

Hi Everyone! I made the first RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish. For those who have requested the RJ Barrett & Cam Reddish, shoutout to you guys for the request for me to make the RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish fanfic. Anyways, stay tuned for more of the RJ & Cam Reddish fanfics.- Jessica