Y/N: It just seems pointless to go, especially when you don't have a date to go with.

Ruby: Yeah, I see your point.

Y/N: But hey, look on the bright side. We can both, not, go to prom, together.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his little joke. He always knows how to make me feel better and has been by my side since we were kids. Out of all the people in Oceanside, Y/N is the person I trust the most. He's supportive, kind of funny, a great study buddy, and always cares about me when I'm feeling down. I want to tell him the truth about me, but the fear of what he'll think of me if he learns that I've been lying to him the whole time holds me back. I don't want to lose my closest friend. As we both walked to school, I got a video call from our other friends. There was Trevin our emo gamer friend, Margot, the dramatic but encouraging friend, and Bliss, our rather dark yet kind friend.

 There was Trevin our emo gamer friend, Margot, the dramatic but encouraging friend,  and Bliss, our rather dark yet kind friend

(From left to right) Trevin, Margot, and Bliss (Author's note: This was the best pic I could get.)

Ruby: Hey, guys.

Trevin: Yo.

Bliss: Greetings.

Margot: So, how did it go?

Bliss: Yes. I'm dying to find out.

Trevin: Same. I've been stress-gaming.

Ruby: Well, it's official. Mom won't let me go to prom. And I know it's not what we wanted, but we still have plan B, our very cool anti-prom party. And what is the most liberated food out there? Guys, I'm talking fondue.

Y/N: I'm more lenient towards pizza, to be honest.

Ruby: Like how "lenient" you were at that last pizza party.

Y/N: *offended* Hey! It wasn't my fault someone brought Hawaiian and anchovies!

I simply rolled my eyes at his little rant. For someone who loves the ocean, he has a problem with fishing on pizza.

Ruby: So guy, what do ya say?

I noticed that their expressions were a little worrisome.

Margot: Ruby, um, I'm just gonna come right out and say it. Kayla asked me to the prom.

Ruby: Oh.

Margot: And, uh, I said carpe diem. Aka, I said yes.

Ruby & Y/N: *shock* What!?

Margot: I said yes.

Ruby: No, we got that. Loud and clear. Okay, Margot has torn our hearts into a million tiny pieces, and that's fine. More fondue *towards Y/N* and pizza, for the rest of us, right, guys?

Y/N: Thank you.

Bliss: Yeah, uh, once Margot was going with Kayla, Trevin said, "Oh, well, should we just go together?" And I agreed. So Trevin and I are going to the prom together. As friends.