-On a random ship-

Luffy suddenly woke up by some noise that he couldn't define. The straw hat boy quickly knew he was still in that barrel, because everything was so dark, but his stomach was growling. Suddenly, Luffy remembered that he was supposed to meet his best friend and rival here, which made him quite excited. Then the boy sensed someone was trying to open the barrel, so he decided this was his cue to show up.

"Ahhhhh...........What a good sleep!" Luffy said while unintentionally punching one of the guys.

"Wh-who are you brats?" They said

Luffy decided to ignore them, and looked back at Koby. He quickly realized that this wasn't the Koby he knew. His Koby was a brave marine, a good strategist, he would do anything to protect the real justice that he believed. But this Koby, was a coward who worked under Alvida. He hadn't seen the real world yet and still believed in the blind justice of the World Government. Luffy must find a way and show him the true face of this world, or else they might have another red dog. But first....

"Ne, do you guys have any food?" Luffy said

"OI, DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE US YOU BRATS!" the two of them shouted.

"Hn?........Oh, right" Luffy turned back at them while remembering what they had asked him.

"My name is Monkey D. Luffy, and I'm going to be the King of the Pirates", Luffy said proudly.

Suddenly, the two guys in front of them jumped at Luffy while holding their swords. When it hit Luffy's head, the two blades immediately broke and stuck on the ceiling, which caused everyone in the room, except for Luffy, to have a horror look on their faces while sweating like bullets. They never saw someone break a sword's blade in half like that. What did this guy make of? The two Alvida pirates quickly dragged their friend and ran away from the straw-hat boy with a fearful look on both of their faces.

"What's up with those guys?" Luffy asked.

The straw hat then walked to the storage to find food and quickly dug into it. Koby also followed since he didn't want to deal with Alvida, so he figured following Luffy would be the best case for now.

Then he remembered what Luffy had said. In his entire life, Koby had always learnt that pirates were bad, they were Criminals, while the Navy was the symbol of Peace, they always protected their people. But the boy in front of him seemed kind and silly. Then how could he be a pirate? He was nothing like a pirate, or like Alvida. Had everything he learnt been wrong?

"Luffy-san, right? Do you really want to be a Pirate King?" Koby suddenly asked.

The young captain looked up from where he was eating. He slowly stood up and walked toward Koby, then looked at the pink-haired boy's eyes, which caused Koby to feel a little bit scared. Luffy's eyes were like they could read his whole soul, it was so cold and intimidating. Suddenly, Luffy smiled at Koby while sitting down near him, then he spoke up

"It's been my dream since I was a child, and I have made a promise with someone every important, so I have to full fill my dream at any course" Luffy said

"But it was impossible, every pirate in the world all set sail to get that great treasure. If you want to get that treasure, the One Piece, you may die, Luffy-san...." Koby kept saying.

Luffy almost forgot Koby was a scaredy cat when they first met. He was always afraid of everything before he could even try, which was annoying. After a while, Luffy had had enough, so he punched Koby.

"Why did you punch me, Luffy-san?" Koby said while holding his head.

"Cause I feel like it", Luffy said casually.