Two

II

II. ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴇ

The group of friends all walked into Tara's hospital room and Tara smiled at the sight of them. She had tubes and IV's connected into her arms while her eyes looked glassy.

Cassie took a seat closest to her whole Amber sat by her side. The twins both sat at the end and Wes sat in between Chad and Amber.

"Are you feeling better?" Amber asked, placing her hand on Tara's.

"Yeah but I'm still shaken up." Tara nodded.

"Do you know who did this to you?" asked Cassie.

"No." Tara shook her head, her voice soft and shaky.

Cassie started fumbling with her fingers and the twins started to talk to Tara. Amber noticed the blonde's state, secretly raising a brow at her. The Road girl brushed her off, trying to keep her cover.

The door to the hospital room swung open and revealed Sam and a man behind her. Everybody stood up and Cassie stood up with Amber. Sam crouched down by Tara's bed and placed a hand on her shoulder. Richie took a glance at the duo and Cassie narrowed her eyes towards him.

"How are you feeling?" asked Sam.

"You came." Tara whispered, a faint smile on her face.

"Of course I came. This is my boyfriend, Richie."

"It's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry if I'm intruding." said Richie.

"Nice to meet you too." Tara spoke.

Sam walked over and hugged the twins before pulling Wes into a hug. Cassie and Amber watched the interaction forcing a smile on their lips whenever someone glanced at them.

"These are Chad and Mindy, the twins. And then this Wes." Sam introduced, the twins waving at the same time. "I used to babysit them all."

"Which is always how I like to be introduced." said Wes, making Sam laugh.

"And Amber, Cassie. Hey." Sam softly spoke.

"Hi." Cassie greeted, a forced smile on her lips.

"Nice to see you." said Amber.

"Hi. I'm Richie."

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Where's Mom?" Sam asked, breaking the tension.

"She's stuck at a conference in London. She called me earlier."

"Yeah, for all of ten minutes." Amber commented.

"Uh, look, guys, Tara's really tired. Maybe we should just give her some space." Cassie suggested.

"Yeah."