One

I

I. ᴛᴀʀᴀ

Ringing filled the young girls room as the said girl picked up her phone. Looking down at the contact name, she immediately picked up while a grin grew on her face.

"Well?"

"It's done."

"Good."

The phone line went silent as the youngest Road placed her phone back onto the bed. She went back to messing up her bedroom, littering pieces of Amber's clothes around her room.

The tv played in the background while Cassie occasionally laughed, setting an illusion that the Freeman girl was in the room with her. Footsteps were what startled Cassie as she rushed to her bathroom, flicking on the light.

Her bedroom door flew open right as she took a seat on her bed, pretending to scroll on her phone. She looked up and locked eyes with her mom.

"Hey, honey. Where's Amber?" asked her mother. Motioning her phone towards the bathroom, her mother nodded. "Well me and your father are going to bed so please don't make so much noise."

"Yeah, sure."

Turning to leave, her mother was about to close the door but quickly stopped. Her phone dinged and Cassie looked down to see a message from Amber.

Coming up now.

Her heart dropped as she quickly typed away as her mother began to talk again.

No mom's here!

Ugh hurry I'm already in the tree

"Don't forget to check up on Tara. Her mother's still away."

"I did already." Cassie softly smiled.

"Okay, great. Uh, is she alright? She's been in there for a while." Her mother said, motioning towards the bathroom.

"Yeah, probably just a bad snack or too much candy."

"Oh okay night, hon and tell Amber night for me."

Crouched right under your window and my legs are about to give out.
I've been here for 5 mins already!!

"I will."

Finally shutting the door, her mother walked out and Amber crawled into her room. Cassie stood up, turning off her bathroom lights while Amber stashed her backpack behind all of Cassie's clothes.

"She talks too much." Amber complained.

"She's looking out for me." Cassie fired back, annoyance laced within her tone.

"Whatever." said Amber. "Right as I was finishing her off the cops pulled up."

"They didn't see you?"