III

A few more texts had been sent to Scott throughout the time the three had spent driving that led to either no answer or an "I'm working on it" from the werewolf. All three were more than irritated at this point, especially the werewolf with a bullet wound in his arm.

Loki had offered his own house reluctantly, not really wanting to have the werewolf there if there was a possibility that they could be found by hunters. He didn't want his dad or himself to be found out. Derek luckily agreed that he didn't want either Blackwell hurt and Damien would already have his ass for dragging his son into the situation.

Stiles had pulled over again at this point, stopping to call Scott.

"What are we supposed to do with him?" Stiles frustratedly asked, waiting for an answer from Scott. "And by the way, he's starting to smell."

Loki took a deep breath in annoyance.

"Like death."

"Stiles actually isn't being dramatic for once." Loki called out, earning himself a glare from the werewolf.

"What about your boss?" Stiles asked to whatever suggestion was made that Loki couldn't hear.

Stiles breathes a deep sigh then hands the phone off to Derek. "You're not gonna believe where he's telling me to take you."

Derek grabs the phone roughly. "Did you find it?"

Loki can faintly hear Scott ranting on the other side of the phone. Something about 'the Walmart of guns'.

"If you don't find it then I'm dead, all right?"

"Then think about this. The Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time, you either kill with him or you get killed. So if you want to stay alive, then you need me. Find the bullet." Derek hangs up, tossing the phone back over to Stiles.

III

The trio makes it to where Scott had suggested, which turned out to be the animal clinic.

"Does Nordic blue monkshood mean anything to either of you?" Stiles asks, reading from his phone.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane." Derek says as Loki nods along. "He has to bring me the bullet."

"Why?"

"'Cause I'm gonna die without it."

Stiles turns back to his phone, typing out something to Scott before leading the other two through the clinic. Derek had begun pulling off his shirt to have more access to the wound as Loki helped him walk to one of the rooms.

Derek laid his arm down on the table, showing the others the wound that now had deep veins shooting off from it. Loki assumed it has something to do with whatever form of wolfbane had been in the bullet and doubted it would stop spreading anytime soon.

"You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of." Stiles sighs out, hitting the table lightly for emphasis.

"Not helping Stiles." Loki says, sighing softly as he looks over the wound.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." Derek breaths out before turning away.

"Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Loki hits Stiles' arm lightly, trying to get him to shut up.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time," Derek says he looks through cabinets and drawers for something. "Last resort..."