"Alastor Moody," The man growls out.

"Do you reckon he smokes?" Fred whispers to Maggie.

"Maybe," The witch shrugs. "Maybe recurrent tonsilitis"

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three, sir," Angelina Johnson chirps from her seat in the middle of the classroom.

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-"

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared. You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum beside the underside of your desk Mr. Jordan!"

"The old loon can see through his skull," Lee murmurs. "Wicked!"

"And hear across classrooms!" Moody roars, throwing the piece of chalk at Lee who dodges it. "So, which curse shall we see first? FLINT! Stand! Give me a curse"

"The Imperius Curse,"

"Your parents' defence at their trial," Moody nods. "Turns a person into a puppet"

Maggie watches as Moody opens a jar which had a small spider scuttling around inside of it. He takes the arachnid into his hand, enlarging the creature so it was more visible.

"Oh it's horrible," Fred grimaces.

"Too many legs," Maggie nods.

"And eyes,"

The pair watch as Moody uses his wand to send the spider around the class, loud, crazed laughter escaping his lips. Students were crawling under their desks, while others were attempting to swat it with their books.

"Don't worry. Completely harmless. But if she bites- she's lethal!"

"Surely he can't demonstrate these?" Maggie murmurs and Fred shrugs.

"Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?"

"I feel sick," Maggie murmurs, watching the spider writhe above the water.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the Imperius curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another- another- Come on come on. McKinnon, is it? Up. Now, tell me a curse,"

"The Cruciatus Curse,"

"That one I'm sure you're familiar with," Moody jeers. "Your father went to Azkaban for using that very curse didn't he?"

"He did," Maggie nods.

"Correct! Correct! come come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse. Crucio!"

Fred watches with growing concern as Maggie's eyes squeeze shut and her hands tremble violently, as if she were enduring subzero temperatures. Her face had turned an unsettling shade of green, mirroring the spider's unnerving squeals reverberating through the room.

"Enough!" Fred exclaims, shooting to his feet and slamming his hands on the desk. "She's about to pass out, for Merlin's sake!"

Moody shifted his gaze from the distressed girl to Fred, his grizzled features flickering with an undetectable emotion. Maggie appeared utterly disoriented, seemingly detached from her body, her eyes were unfocused as they remained fixated on the twitching spider perched on the desk. Moody turns to Fred and issues an order for him to take her to see Madam Pomfrey.

Fred wastes no time. He moves swiftly from behind the desk, wrapping his arm around Maggie and grabbing both of their bags before gently escorting her out of the classroom.

As they step into the corridor, Maggie suddenly lurches forward, a guttural heaving sound escaping her lips. Fred reacts instinctively, reaching out to steady her and holding her hair away from her face as she retches violently. Yet, as he observes with a small grimace, he couldn't help but frown, his face etched with concern.

What came out of Maggie's body wasn't what he expected. It was clear liquid mixed with stomach acid, and there was a distinct lack of anything else. There was no sign of any food being present in her body.

"You okay?" Fred asks as Maggie pants, wiping her mouth.

Maggie, still panting and looking visibly shaken, manages to nod weakly in response to Fred's concerned question. She wipes her mouth with the back of her hand, her face still a pale shade of green.

"Yeah," She whispers hoarsely, her voice trembling. "I think so- Thanks, Fred"

"Well my shoes unfortunately are not okay," Fred looks down at his shoes with a grimace.

"I'm so sorry," Maggie pulls out her wand and clears the mess up.

"We need to get some food in you," Fred states as they walk through the corridors.

"I'm not hungry,"

"You haven't eaten anything today and possibly last night," Fred shakes his head. "You need to eat something"

"I'm not hungry,"

"Maggie-"

"I said I'm not hungry!"

"Maggie-" Fred stops in his tracks and turns to face her, his expression a mix of worry and determination.

"I just can't eat right now," Maggie shakes her head again, her voice softer but still strained.

She looks down, avoiding Fred's gaze, the ordeal clearly taking a toll on her. Fred looks at the witch in front of him. Actually looks at her. It was undeniable that Maggie was beautiful but in a haunting way

Her delicate features held an undeniable allure, but it was a beauty shrouded in an eerie aura. Her cheeks were unnaturally gaunt, as though they had been carved by shadows, and her eyes, while captivating, were slightly sunken, lending an air of mystery to her face.

The more Fred looked at her, the more he was reminded of a story Bill used to tell him when he was a child-a tale about vampires. Bill had recounted how vampires appeared breathtakingly beautiful when they had just fed, their allure irresistible.

However, that beauty slowly faded, giving way to a more subdued and ethereal elegance when they hadn't fed in a while, like a wilting flower. Maggie's beauty, much like the unfed vampires of Bill's stories, held a transfixing quality that was both enchanting and unsettling.

"I just need to sleep," Maggie murmurs. "Then I'll be okay"

"Well, you're not staying on your own. You can have my bed for the day. I will be Doctor Weasley today, Healer McKinnon is on sick leave,"

 I will be Doctor Weasley today, Healer McKinnon is on sick leave,"