"Sorry." Crys immediately said, turning to face the person she accidentally hit.

"Well, you should be!" Josh said back, fairly angry.

Crys lost the rest of her apology. She was left with pure confusion. Josh was staring her down. Josh.

"Come on, let's just get out of here." Brandon tugged on Crys' hoodie sleeve.

"I-" Crys tried to say, still trying to wrap her head around Josh's sudden change of personality.

"Get lost." Josh said, waving his hand at Crys.

"You suddenly not scared of The Werewolf anymore?" Crys asked, finally regaining her ability to think.

"Don't mention that beast!" Josh said, suddenly sounding much more like himself, if not a bit harsher.

"Why not?" Crys said back with snark. "It's not like you bring her up enough as it is."

Josh scowled and growled, but didn't say anything.

Crys crossed her arms and shook her head before walking off without another word.

"That was weird." Crys muttered as she kept walking with Brandon to their class.

"What?" Brandon asked.

"Josh." Crys replied.

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? You're telling me you didn't notice?"

"...not really?"

"Y'know, Josh?" Crys said, a bit baffled Brandon didn't notice Josh's odd behavior.

"What about him?" Brandon asked.

Crys took a few seconds to question how Brandon couldn't understand what she was talking about. "Nevermind." She wound up saying.

"Oh, alright then." Brandon replied.

The two got to their first class.

Soon enough, it was time for lunch. Crys and Brandon took their places at the lunch table where Tomas and Emma were already waiting.

Crys sighed. "So what's going on with you two?" She asked, sounding a bit out of it.

"Nothing much." Tomas replied, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Same here." Emma said.

Crys did a quick double take on Emma's response. It didn't sound right to her for some reason, though she couldn't exactly explain what that reason was. She brushed off the odd feeling and resumed pulling out her lunch from her lunchbox.

"I heard about what happened with Josh." Tomas spoke up.

Crys scoffed. "Don't get me started." She murmured to herself.

"Better than Connor messing with you." Brandon joined in.

"I don't really care." Crys replied.

"I'm surprised you didn't fight him." Tomas replied.

"Why would I fight him?" Crys asked, a little taken back.

"He was threatening you, wasn't he?" Tomas said.

"Tomas, I wouldn't start a fight. You were the one trying to fight Connor for me, remember?" Crys asked, getting a little more confused.

Tomas shrugged.

Crys didn't exactly know what to say next, so she went quiet for a few moments.

"You were saying something about Josh earlier, but never told me what." Brandon spoke up.