Regret - UPDATED

"Critical condition but.. She'll be fine. Let her rest a while." Porlyusica assures me. Thankfully Porlyusoca was in Clover Town getting some supplies so she was able to treat Lucy.

"I'm surprised you're still here." She says putting a warm towel on Lucy's forehead. She turns around looking at the both of us.
"Leo can stay here by force since he's the Zodiac king but he's using most of his magic to keep me here too. I just need to be with Lucy." I say gripping her hand. I was at the side of her bed- I didn't want to let go..
"I understand. I'll go tell the guild Lucy's fine." She nods and leaves the room.

"You're so stupid Lucy...why would you do that.." I say softly into her ear as I fall on my knees next to her.
Leo stays quiet.
Is he hurt?
Can he not bear to see the person who saved him almost loose her life?
Or is he so full of anger because this is all my fault..

"This- this happened all because of me-"
"W-what? (Y/N), this isn't-" Leo was cut off by a scratchy voice.
"No.. I wanted to save you." It was Lucy's voice. I immediately looked up into her bug eyes.
"I'm just glad you're okay..." She croaks. Leo runs over and hugs Lucy tightly. I do as well- she's truly okay!

"I'm so sorry Lucy...I- I can't believe you risked your life...after how I treated you. I'm the worst person alive- I don't deserve your kindness-" "Shh- you're my friend, (Y/N)...I'd do anything for you.." She hugs her keys and eventually falls back asleep. I let go of her hand and stand up. In the corner of my we I see Leo heading to the door, he motions me to follow him.

"I can't believe she'd do that Leo- why?" I say no able to comprehend the situation. I started to shake, filled with guilt, regret and sadness.

Suddenly, he grips my shoulders and lifts my head with his hand.
"Do you not see it yet, (Y/N)? It's because she loves you; We all do. Especially me." I look into his eyes.
"Leo. I'm so sorry- I mess everything up. You should hate me- it's my fault Lucy's like that-" "It's no ones fault. She made the decision to save you. Lucy's a strong woman, she'll be fine. I wish you'd stop blaming yourself."
"But-"

"No buts. (Y/N), you are an amazing girl, stubborn yes, but that's what makes you, you. Your heart shows love to us all. We saw it when you couldn't. Everyone loves you, we're a family. And I bet Lilly would be proud..." His cheeks turn pink, and there goes that feeling again.

Love