𝟎𝟎5. ❪ » Important Message « ❫

At the end of 2021, the Gemme Community's admins decided that it was time for a change in the community. We decided that we needed something that would both help the members and the staff and also use it as a way to show our gratitude to our loyal staff. 

And so the Gem system was created. 

It was our own version of a point system, that I, the founder, had implemented in a previous community called the Midnight Coffee Club (the community is now closed).

The system was revamped in March 2023. 

A few days ago, another community made an announcement regarding their point policy. They claimed that they were the first to come up with this system and were demanding from all other communities to ask for permission before using a point system.

I talked to them due to concerns, my admins and I had about the announcements.

(The announcements included a part about other communities and a potential case of plagiarising. I won't get into details and I won't take sides in this fight as I don't have all the information. I'll just say that plagiarising should be condemned in any way, no matter who does it.)

After the discussion with that community, the admins and I decided to discontinue our affiliation. We feel that the way the two communities work and deal with their issues is different and we feared that more conflicts would arise in the future. 

We do not claim that our system is better or first or anything like that. But the said community, during our private talks, said that they would change their statement (which happened) and would apologize and reference other communities that had also a similar system that was implemented years before theirs. That never happened.

One of our core values is everyone makes mistakes and can improve and do better but owning up and making amends is fundamental and the Gemme community can't in good conscience continue the affiliation that doesn't adhere to our value.

I don't believe Gemme or any other community can claim that there's only them and no one else. We don't know what the future will bring or which communities will still exist in eg 2 years. What matters is now and how we treat each other. We expect respect and communication because we also have shown respect to all our affiliates and members.

We hope this message will reach many people and not just the said community. 

With respect, 

Cassie, Founder

Sara, Admin

Bri, Admin