"A song? What song?"

"My love by Wings!"

"You learned my favourite love song to make a girl like you?" Joseph clapped sarcastically and started laughing.

"No, I'm serious, I think she likes me too!" he exclaimed and added "I'll play it to you, alright?"

"Right, right. Go ahead,"

And so Cameron started playing. In fact it stung a little, not just because it was dedicated to another girl, and it seemed much more serious than usual, but because how beautiful and from heart it was. His best friend fell in love and he'll probably die an old virgin.

"It's so beautiful," he said in the end. Joseph's lower lip was shaking and his eyes were almost closed. No, he wasn't even jealous that someone will take Cameron, he was just a little sad. It was his only friend, after all.

"Yeah, it is. Songs you like can't be bad, after all." Cameron threw his head back, smiled and placed his guitar down.

"I'm sure she'll like it." Joseph added and smiled proudly, too. The hint of saddness in his voice made the other look up to him.

"Oh, Josey, what's going on? Did I say something bad?" Cameron suddenly jumped up and rushed to Joseph sitting across from him.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It's my own fault." he tried to smile and brush it off, but made Cameron even more concerned.

"My, my..." he shook his head and his face twisted in a really sorry expression.

"It's just that you like someone and I'm so proud but so hesitant to let you go..." Joseph said quietly and closed his eyes.

"I promise I will never put you second. Not even if I get a girlfriend, which I probably won't. You're my best friend, and you can't even imagine how much I value that." he smiled a little and moved closer.

"You'll always be my friend, right...?" Joseph pretty much admitted everything in that sentence.

"Right. Now, wipe the tears off that beautiful face of yours and give me a hug." and that was enough. Enough to reassure him, at least.

Joseph's shaky arms tightly wrapped around Cameron's torso, while he went down on his knees and laid his head on the other's chest. He then got up and whispered something Joseph could not define.

---

"It's nice to meet you, Joseph." a black haired lady with a long, sharp nose and soft eyes reached out her hand for Joseph to shake.

"I'm pleased to meet you too, Hannah," he took it and sqeezed it while shaking.

"Well, now that you know each other, we can decide what we're going to do, huh?" Cameron clasped his hands together and smiled.

"Sure we can, what do you two wanna do?" Hannah gently grabbed Cameron's fingers and he squeezed her whole hand.

"What about we grab some prosecco and stay at my place?" Joseph suggested while he put his hands in his pockets.

"Why not, I'm down," the other boy blinked at Hannah.

"Sure, why not," she shrugged.

"Let's go have a walk to the store then!" he sighed and offered Joseph his hand, which he gladly took.

Three people who just turned 18 a few months ago, holding hands on their way to the store to buy bubbly wine, that must have looked hillarious!

"Why can't we have the french one, Joseeeey??" Cameron whined and shook Joseph's shoulder.