part 1

It was a nice Sunday morning, she had just landed at the Kolkata airport. It was just another normal day for her but little did she know, it would change her life.

As she was exiting through the airport gates, she saw a familiar face. Almost too familiar, that she wanted to hug the person instantly. But she was mature now, she took her time and went to talk first.

"Are you really YOU?" she asked, she knew if it was him he would understand her.
His eyes widened. "OH MY GOD, YES." He said at the top of his lungs.

Her eyes started tearing up and she hugged him. He didn't hesitate, he hugged her back.

"You didn't call once in 10 years, where have you been?" She asked almost not trusting her words, had it been that long?

"I know, I'm sorry, I have been really busy since...you know"

"Yeah, so?.. are you..."

"Am I? Cut to the chase please, i really have a flight to catch"

"Alright, so are you dating anyone?"

"Oh not really, actually-"

She interrupted him, and literally jumped on him.

"Oh my god, i knew you would wait, can i just kiss you already?"

This time, he didn't hug her back, neither did he make any attempts to kiss her.

"I am actually married" he said, showing his wedding ring with the huge diamond on top. "I even have a beautiful baby girl, do you want to see her?"

She separated herself almost not believing the things she was hearing.
She hadn't even looked up to a boy for the last 10 years, all she wanted was him. She knew it was wrong, that they had broken up 10 years back, he can date/marry anyone he wants. She wanted to be happy for him, but how could she?

It was their dreams together, to have a big house, to have a beautiful child together, to have all the things he has now.

She couldn't feel herself but decided to go with "of course I would love to see her, but remember you gotta catch a flight dummy? Now go!!"

She was still in disbelief, was she really waiting for him? Why did she ever do that, why didn't she enjoy her 20s? All the thoughts clouded her mind, while she was crossing the airport road to catch a taxi.

________

A/n
If you like this part make sure to give it a vote!! There are 2 parts only in total, I will upload the rest of the story asap.

Please be kind!! Have a good day x

-aastha