𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐗𝐕𝐈

ابدأ من البداية

Tears welled up in Sierra's eyes as she struggled with her emotions. "I gotta go, Zane. Thank you for the gift... I really do appreciate it." Sierra declared, she ended the call, leaving him and his emotions to himself.

Sierra stood there, the phone still in her hand, her emotions swirling like a storm within her. She couldn't deny that Zane's words had touched her, that his apology had stirred something inside her. But she knew, deep down, that she couldn't afford to be swayed by his tears and heartfelt pleas, not now, especially not where she was at in life.

She had worked so hard to distance herself from the tumultuous past, to carve a path toward a better future, one where she could regain her independence and build a life on her own terms. Zane crying to her wouldn't do anything but slow her down on the important things she was focused on – her goals, her dreams, and her healing.
11:59 am
Sierra wiped away a tear that had escaped the corner of her eye and took a deep breath. She couldn't let her emotions dictate her decisions anymore. It was time to focus on herself and her own well-being.

 It was time to focus on herself and her own well-being

12:09 pmSucking his teeth in frustration, Zane reluctantly placed his phone down on the black wooden nightstand beside his bed

12:09 pm
Sucking his teeth in frustration, Zane reluctantly placed his phone down on the black wooden nightstand beside his bed. He couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions - regret, longing, and a growing sense of self-awareness. His head hung low, and his arms dangled between his legs as he fidgeted with his diamond Rolex.

"Fuck.." He mumbled.

Thoughts raced through his mind as he contemplated the next steps he needed to take. He knew that he had to focus on himself, to address the demons within him before attempting to return to Sierra or diving back into the toxic patterns of his past. It was a realization that had been a long time coming, and now it was time to try and make changes.

Taking in a deep breath, Zane rubbed his hands over his face and slowly rose from the tall, regal King bed that dominated his bedroom. He glanced at the date on his phone and remembered that today was the day he had promised to visit his grandma.

Zane entered his walk-in closet, where his clothing collection rivaled that of a celebrity. He effortlessly selected an outfit he'd put together in advance. Throwing off the white beater he had been wearing, revealing his muscular, tattoo-adorned chest. He replaced it with a fresh one from his well-organized closet.