The Journey to Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

The Golden trio exchanged smirks at the irony of the safest places being not as secure as believed. Murmurs of agreement and disagreement rippled through the room as people expressed their thoughts on Hogwarts and Gringotts.

"Hogwarts is feeble, but Gringotts truly deserves the title of the safest place in the world."

"The half-breed speaks nonsense," Lucius declared confidently. "Gringotts may be somewhat secure, but it cannot claim the title of the safest place in the world. Hogwarts is certainly not safer."

"For once, Uncle, you speak something with a semblance of truth," his niece whispered, her voice carrying a quiet resonance that cut through the room.

"Got everything'? Come on, then"

The morning sun cast a golden glow on the rocks as Hagrid emerged, prompting Harry to follow the giant onto the now tranquil shore. The storm's remnants lingered in the boat that Uncle Vernon had hired, causing water to pool at the bottom.

Harry's curiosity got the better of him as he asked, "How did you get here?" while scanning the horizon for another boat.

"Flew," Hagrid replied casually, prompting Harry's eyebrows to shoot up in surprise.

"Flew?"

"Yeah - but we'll go back to this. Not supposed to use magic now that I've got yeh."

"Why would you be mad to try and rob Gringotts?" Harry inquired, his mind now grappling with the mystique surrounding the wizarding bank.

"Spells - enchantments. They say there are dragons guarding the high-secretory vaults. And then yeh gotta find yer way—Gringotts is hundreds of miles under London, see. Deep under the Underground. Yeh'd die of hunger trying' to get out, even if yeh did manage to get yer hands on summat," responded Hagrid, his words carrying the weight of the mysterious depths beneath the city.

The mention of dragons ignited a spark of excitement in Charlie, who couldn't contain his joy. Across the room, smiles flickered at the sight of innocent joy.

"Oh no, please tell me he does not go and do something with Dragons. He is going to be hurt," Molly almost begged her other children knowing how clumsy her son already was.

Ginny, however, seemed more fascinated than worried, her attention locked onto Charlie. "It's so weird seeing Charlie like this," she remarked, brushing off her mother's apprehensions. Molly taking that as a yes to her question closed her eyes as if already preparing herself.

The boat gently bumped into the harbour wall, and the two of them ascended the stone steps onto the bustling street. Passersby stared at Hagrid, who stood out not only due to his towering stature but also because of his childlike fascination with every day Muggle objects. "See that, Harry? Things these Muggles dream up, eh?"

"The half-breed is going to end up exposing our existence if he keeps going on like this," Lucius, ever disdainful, commented, earning disapproving looks from many, however, none could say anything because Hagrid was not being very discreet.

"Hagrid," panted Harry, a bit as he ran to keep up, "did you see there are dragons at Gringotts?"

"Well, so they say. Crikey, I'd like a dragon."

"You'd like one?"

"Wanted one ever since I was a kid - here we go."

They had reached the station. There was a train to London in five minutes. Hagrid, who didn't understand 'Muggle money' as he called it, gave the bills to Harry so he could buy their tickets. People started even more on the train. Hagrid took up two seats and sat knitting what looked like a canary-yellow circus tent.