14- Knocking on Heaven's Door

"The cold black cloud is coming down, feels like I'm knocking on heaven's door.."

My favorite memories- however odd- were with Sam and Dean.

Riding down the countryside in the impala, the windows rolled down, AC/DC screaming in our ears and leaving a trail of classic rock behind us; I would stick my hand out the window and let it ride the wind, just like I used to do when I was little, riding in the back of my mom's Volkswagen.

Or those times I would sit back, the soothing roar of the engine sending me into a trance, and lazily listen to Dean and Sam as they made fun of each other. Never adding in anything- just listening.

Those times when Dean would stop and pull into a clearing on an especially starry night. Then we would all clamber onto the hood, watching the stars.

Those moments were my favorite, because those moments- we were family. My mom was gone, my dad was gone. But I had two brothers who I knew cared for me. Two brothers who I just met- but who took me under their arms and pulled me along the crazy ride of their life.

Those moments were perfect.

But just like that, with a snap of their fingers. It was gone. Shattered into a million pieces, lying cold and dead on the floor before me.

Just like my mother.

Death followed my footsteps, everywhere I went. Something- someone I loved, died. And now I just killed the two most important people in my life.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered, hot tears stinging my eyes and running down my cheeks. Dean lay on his back on the gravel, blood dribbling out of the corner of his mouth and glazed eyes facing towards the heavens. I wondered if that was where he was, he deserved to be there. Sam lay a little farther away, laying on his side with his eyes closed. If I hadn't looked closer, you would of thought he was sleeping. Even Cas lay sprawled out on the dry earth, pierced by his own weapon.

You thought you could hide from me.

The voice screamed, I gasped, covering my ears with my hands in failed attempt to block out the sound.

But you made one mistake dearie, I'm everywhere, the shadows underneath your feet, the darkness in your eyes. The night itself trembles at the very mention of my name, I am Darkness, the Cursed one, the one so evil- hell itself spit us back out. So no, no one can hide from me;

because I am everywhere.

"No, no" I screamed at the wind, "I remember you." So suddenly, a force hit me, the pain sending me flying for a couple of feet. And then memories invaded my mind.

^-^-^-^

Each moment I closed my eyes, I saw them. Shadows, as the raced about, clothed in darkness, they flew around me. Taunting me, torturing me. No matter how much I screamed, how much I cried. They would not stop, and no one would wake me. Then he would come, the most powerful of them all, sucking in life everywhere he walked, Sephtis. He would bend down, look me in the eyes, the pain I had been previously feeling felt like nothing compared to the pain he bestowed upon me.

Now, he would always say, tell me about the Winchesters.

"Why?" I would ask him between pained gasps, he would only laugh, a sound as dark and grating as metal scraping on metal.

I have my plans, so now- tell me. And then I would, because I could no longer stand the pain; I would tell him of their likes and dislikes, their weaknesses while in battle. I would tell him things I didn't even know I knew, just so I could stop the pain. But that ended the day I ran. I finally looked at Sephtis, anger now overcoming anything I felt.