The Kids Are Alright🥀

Zacznij od początku

Lately, it's just wake up, go to school, come home, do homework, and repeat. If Mama was home I'd probably be working on my music with her but because she wasn't it didn't really feel enjoyable anymore.

"Homework.." I answered and my mom gave me a weird look but she ended up letting it go.

After dinner I went to say goodnight to Josie before she left for the night and once I was done with that I went right back to my room.

Of course my mom made sure to remind me that I should call mama so I had no choice but to dial her number the moment I stepped into the room.

I FaceTimed her and she answered on the second ring with a smile.

"You forgot about your mama?!" She asked and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"No I just kept missing your calls because of the time difference.."

"Nice try. I've survived this time difference enough times to know what times are good and which ones aren't. Plus you know you can call at any time and I'll answer.."

"I know mama I just—I miss you and I really don't want to talk to you on the phone about everything I need to say. You know?"

"You're just like your mom.." She laughed and I rolled my eyes with a laugh. I've been hearing that my whole life. "But I understand what you're saying. The good news is I'll be home tomorrow and you can tell me everything.."

"Okay." I smiled. "Did you finish writing the song you started?" She asked and I cleared my throat before shaking my head.

"Um—no, I didn't I needed a little help.."

"Okay I can help you when I get home.." She said and I nodded. We kept talking until I yawned and she told me to get some sleep.

I'm happy my mama's coming home.

••

Mazi's pov

Mazi's pov

"Mazi you know when your mom gets back you're going to have to go back to your own room, right?" My mommy said.

I side-eyed her before turning my attention back onto what we were watching. I knew my mom loved spending time with me and I loved spending time with her too. I couldn't help the fact that my mom was my best friend.

Was that lame? I didn't really care either way.

"I'm just keeping her side of the bed warm. She should be appreciative.."