She goes spiralling off into the tales of my adventures since meeting Louis. How I performed on stage with them.  Hung out backstage with them. Became best friends with them. She slipped in about how she turned all demon when she became friends with a model named Abi who was dating Louis. How me and Colette became friends. How me and Niall became friends (and then boyfriend/girlfriend). How we were in their music video. How I horribly cheated on Niall with Louis (that earned a massive facepalm on my part- how could I have been so stupid?!) With each ‘oh and then’, my jaw unhinged nearer and nearer to the floor.

Anyway, she told me the whole story, using things to back it up in case I didn’t believe her. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I watched the ‘Gotta Be You’ video, all of us frolicking around with them. I looked so happy and carefree.  Mercy also showed me the video she took when I was performing on stage with them. I couldn’t deny it, it had actually happened.

But I still couldn’t remember it. Whilst she was describing things, I had really tried to think of those situations in my own head, but the massive block on my brain was still present and unmoving, blocking the very important memories Mercy was telling me.

When she finished, I thought my head would explode. But I was determined to carry on unravelling the mystery. I picked up my phone and typed in the password slowly. I saw I had some messages from some classmates who had found out about my accident and I thanked them for their well-wishings.

I then went to texts and found the ones between Colette and me first. They were funny and I could really see myself writing them. There was nothing particularly juicy, but these texts anchored it down that this did really all happen and I did all this.

I then turned to Nialls texts, which go back quite far from when we were first friends, then lovers then friends again. They were light-hearted and my being warmed at the thought of such a nice friend in him. I was hoping that this friendship would not end as it was sweet and light and everything I wanted from him and also from Colette. I found out they were dating also, which made me smile. They looked so cute together.

Finally I went into the Louis folder. My eyebrows sunk low over my eyes at what I found. The texts were dipped in love and couple like nature and my heart ached at how cute we were. The easy banter and sweet nothings exchanged tugged at my heart but not at my brain.

I threw my phone down in frustration and put my heaving head in my hands. I was sick of not remembering and it had only been a few days. I have no idea how long I am going to be able to last like this.

“Oh my gosh Im so sorry, this was too much for you I should have realised!” Mercy gushed but I cut her off, telling her that it wasn’t.  I have a lot to do so this will only be the beginning so I better start getting used to it.

I smiled up at her and we continued on chatting. I asked questions about things I was unsure about and practically begged her to smack me across the face for what I did to Niall to which she replied that it was very tempting but she couldn’t.

I contemplated on texting Colette and inviting her round, but thought better of it. This new information that was floating round inside my head was enough at the moment. Maybe when I get back to school on Monday I will approach her.

Mercy also ran through some school work, including dances and projects that we had been set. I wrote it all down, determined that tomorrow instead of doing nothing; I will study my little butt off in order to catch up.  (Yeah right Summer, I wonder how long that will last?)

As I bid Mercy goodbye, I let out a laboured breath. All the new information stuffed into my brain began to physically weigh me down. I rubbed at my forehead in order to relieve some of the pain. With a grimace I plonked back down on the sofa, looking at all the things Mercy and I had laid out. I grabbed my phone and looked through the pictures, my breath hitching at all the ones with Louis and me. I laughed at the funny faces I pulled with Colette. The pictures were sweet and they made me happy even though I couldn’t remember taking them. One day, I thought.