Chapter 35

Helllo citizens of earth and all things shiny and yellow!!! I am so sorry for the wait I have caused yee. I will make it up to thy with a long as possible drama filled chapter!!!!

HAZAHHH! VOTEH, COMMENTH, FANETH! (yeah I don’t know either)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ITS READY” I squealed happily, beaming at the laptop screen.

There was a small groan from the bed, where Colette was plonked not so lady-like as a result of being awoken..by me.

“Great, now can you go to bed, we have an early start tomorrow if we are going to Hazzas place.” Wow she is more mature in her sleep, I must write that down.

I didn’t want to go to sleep. I wanted to give Louis his completed present now! This is the problem with me and gifts, I love the feeling it gives me to see them happy so I have the impatience of a three year old when it comes to this sort of stuff.

With another groan, Colette covered her head with a pillow, and soon judging by the light breaths coming from her direction, she fell asleep.

I felt the exhaustion of my body but my mind was racing like it was in a 100m sprint.  With a huge smile on my face, I joined Colette in the world of sleep, happiness of the upcoming days settling on my stomach like a purring cat.

It was one of those moments when you don’t remember even falling asleep before someone is waking you up.

Stretching and yawning and looking like a demented dinosaur, I arose from the warm comfort of the bed and into the bitter cold air around me. It would normally affect me but I was running on excitedness.

School was over, My project was finished and I was going to spend Christmas with all my friends and my boyfriend? Who could ask for more?

Getting Colette was more taxing and she had to be coaxed with the smell of freshly made pancakes.

We got dressed, checked everything was packed and ran downstairs to where Mum was dancing around singing along to the radio. The sight made me smile as many years ago this would be a miracle.

Lets just say mum didn’t deal with dad leaving her that well.

“Pancakes with whatever topping madams!” My mum pretended to be a butler, placing two plain pancake in front of Colette and I to sprinkle whatever we want on.

I giggled and hugged a thanks to her. She smelled like baking and a familiar perfume. She clung on and said “I’ll miss you!” I could not reply so just squeezed her once and withdrew with a smile, turning to my pancakes.

Colette seemed cheerier with pancakes and chocolate and bananas in front of her, shovelling them down her throat.

I joined her eating and soon was stuffed with the taste of lovely pancakes, all set for the journey to Harrys house. It was arranged that Colette and I will travel separately in her car so the newspapers will not be suspicious. We had code words and back up stories and everything, all ready if a meltdown took place.

Knowing our luck it would.

I checked my laptop and Louis video and the camera were in my bag four times before realising that they don’t have legs and cannot run away. The giddiness still hung around me and my smile was iridescent as I thought of his reaction. Only a few days til he gets to see it!

With a sad goodbye and a Merry Christmas, we drove off on a long journey of singing, eating and complaining about people at school.

We stopped off a final time to fill up petrol. I was on snack duty as I picked up chocolate, Pringles and all manner of terrible junk food before proceeding to the checkout. Ogling the lovely food nearly made me not realise that my phone was ringing. Luckily, my chocolate deprived haze was broken when I brought the phone to my ear.