so proud (requested)

You lifted your gaze from your phone as soon as you heard the front door open.

Taylor walked inside and closed the door behind her before she bent down a bit to take off her heels.

She put them on the floor before a grin pulled at her lips as she saw you step in front of her.

It's after two a.m. and she's just now getting home but you weren't surprised because tonight was a big night.

The VMAs just took place and Taylor won big.

You're sure there'll be people out there that say she's undeserving of them but you can't think of anyone who deserves all of this more than her.

"Baby!" She happily said before you threw your arms around her.

You gave her the biggest hug, squeezing her so tight you worried she might not be able to breathe for a few seconds.

But you couldn't help it.

"I'm so sorry I didn't go with you tonight." You told her as you pulled away.

"Don't be! I know big crowds like that make you nervous sometimes. I had Selena tonight. I missed you but I wasn't lonely, so don't worry about that." She smiled before booping your nose playfully.

You cupped her cheeks in your hands and stared into her bright blue eyes.

They were sparkling and looked even brighter than usual.

She's so happy tonight.

How could she not be?

Her hard work and dedication had been recognized by everyone who voted for her to win those nine awards.

She was showered with love and so many big moments took place for her tonight, so many big things happened.

And you're so proud your heart might just explode.

"What?" She chuckled.

"Nothing." You said as you stroked her cheek. "I just love you so much and I'm so proud of you. I seriously don't even know how to express it, Tay. I'm so happy for you."

Her already big smile grew even more over your words.

"I love seeing you shine. I love seeing you so happy and seeing so many people support you. You're so talented and you work so hard. You're so deserving of everything that happened tonight, baby. Don't forget that."

"Thank you, darling. It means so much, especially coming from you." She said before pulling you in for a sweet kiss.

You could smell the alcohol on her breath and taste it on her lips.

You know she's drunk; you can see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice.

But it's all good because she had a fun night and she deserved to celebrate and have fun.

"I hope you're not disappointed that I didn't go and didn't celebrate with you. I'm just still not ready for things like that."

"Not at all, sweet girl. I get it. It's a lot to take in. I'm not mad or disappointed. In fact, as much as I enjoyed celebrating with my friends and my team, I've been looking forward to coming home to you."

Your heart melted over her loving words.

"No matter how many people cheer me on and no matter how many big fans of mine that I meet, you're still my number one." She said as she put her hands on yours that still rested on her cheeks,

"I'm so proud of you." You whispered. "Truly, my love. You deserve the world and I am so incredibly proud."

"Thank you, baby girl." She grinned as she turned her cheek and softly kissed your wrist. "You know, we could do some celebrating of our own."

You giggled at her suggestion and the way she raised her eyebrows playfully.

"Tomorrow, okay? I'll treat you to a nice meal, some wine, and lots of kisses." You promised. "You're drunk and tired tonight. For now, let's go up to bed."

She nodded and you took her hand to lead her upstairs.

You grabbed your phone and turned the lights off after making sure the door was locked.

You led her upstairs to the bedroom and she sat on the edge of the bed.

You removed her makeup for her while staring into her pretty blue eyes and then you helped her out of her outfit and into her pajamas.

"Get all cozy, my love."

She did as you said but only when you were in bed beside her.

She was cozy as she put her head on your shoulder and kissed your neck lovingly as you played with her hair.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more." You said as you watched her fall asleep. "Sweet dreams."

She smiled as she fell asleep snuggled up to you, so happy and so thankful for all the wonderful things in her life, especially you.