you get into an accident on your anniversary (requested)

Taylor hummed quietly to herself as she finished lighting the candles that were all across the table.

Dinner had just finished and she had it set on the table and dessert was set aside for you two to share when you finished the meal that Taylor had spent most of the day working on.

Originally, you were both meant to have the day off, but your boss called a couple of days ago saying that he urgently needed you to work for some of the day today and Taylor understood, so you agreed.

You already gave each other gifts this morning but this is what Taylor has been most excited about today - dinner after you got home, in the candlelight with roses across the floor.

You could share kisses, reflect on the wonderful memories you've created together these last couple of years, and talk about your dreams and hopes for the future together.

It was going to be perfect and Taylor couldn't wait.

She finished lighting the last candle and then took a seat in the chair that was across from where you'd sit.

The food set on the plate in front of her made her stomach growl and her mouth water.

She knew you'd love it and she was so proud of how it came out.

Looking at the time on her phone, it read that it was just a couple of minutes after five.

You should be here any second now.

She tapped her foot on the floor and smiled to herself as she thought back to some of her favorite moments that you've shared over the last couple of years, such as the romantic places in the most romantic cities where you've shared sweet kisses at; such as in front of the Eiffel tower and in the beautiful waters of Thailand.

Oh, she couldn't wait to share even more kisses with you for the years to come.

She planned to propose to you by the time your third-year anniversary came around.

And the thought made her heart skip a beat.

She got lost in her thoughts and her happiest memories with you for a few more minutes until her phone started to ring.

"Hey, baby? Are you almost home?" She answered.

"Hello, is this Taylor?" An unfamiliar voice spoke.

She pulled her phone away from her ear to see that it was you calling her.

But that wasn't you on the other end of the phone.

"Yes. Who is this and why do you have my girlfriend's phone?"

"You're her emergency contact so I'm calling you to inform you that your girlfriend has been brought into the hospital after being in a car accident."

"What?" Taylor asked, her heart dropping. "A car accident? Was it bad? Is she okay?"

She got up and began to blow the candles out and put everything away as fast as possible, so you could share this romantic meal later on.

"I can't tell you anything about that as I'm unsure but I think you should come to the hospital immediately."

After finding out which hospital you were at, Taylor ended the call, promising she'd be there soon.

She got in the car and sped off to the hospital through the blur of her tears.

This couldn't be happening.

She couldn't lose you.

Not right now, not today, not anytime soon.

You're the love of her life and there's still so much she wants to do with you, so many dreams of hers and yours that she wants to make come true.

She can't lose you now; not until you're both in your nineties and your hair is as grey as hers and you can hardly walk.

You still have so much life to live, and so many hopes and dreams you want to come true.

And as scared as Taylor was, she told herself that you'd be okay.

Because you're a fighter.

You're her tough girl.

You'd be alright; you had to be.