Chapter Twenty Four: Yuri's Problem

I took a deep breath as there was awkward silence between Monika and I. The only noise was the loud air conditioner in the background. It was distracting.

"So, Y/N...how has your day been so far?" Monika asks me.

"It's been stressful. I have a test coming up on Friday."

"Haha yeah. Hey, would you mind if we hang out today? You usually hang out with the others...so...could we maybe hang out today? Read a novel together or simply hang out? If you don't mind, anyways..."

My lips curl upward and I nod. Honestly, I haven't had any time with Monika. At least, not that I remember.

"Sure. I would love to spend more time with you."

Monika's eyes light up unexpectedly and cheers.

"Yay! I'm so glad to hear that!!"

"Kinda off topic, but why aren't the others here yet?"

Monika's eyes narrow in concern and shrugs.

"I don't know. Did they tell you anything about being busy?" Monika wondered.

"No, they have not."

"Strange. Wanna check it out?"

"Sure. I'll be right back."

I left the classroom and started down the hallway. I didn't know where I was walking, so I was just traveling the hallway, hoping to find at least one club member.

"Hello? Sayori? Yuri? Natsuki?" I called out. I went into a classroom and saw Sayori, sitting at her desk, spacing out. I walked over to her. I waved my hand over her eyes and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Ah! Y/N!" Sayori yelped. "What are you doing here?"

"The bell rang. Didn't you hear it?"

"Oh...no. I was zoning out, I guess. Silly me!" Sayori chuckled as she stood up from her desk. "Have the others arrived?"

"No. Besides Monika, Natsuki and Yuri didn't show up either."

"Oh no! I hope everything's okay."

"I'll look for them, you go to the club room, okay?"

Sayori wordlessly nods and leaves the classroom. I leave as well, but turn the opposite direction to search for Yuri and Natsuki. While I'm walking, I hear light gasps from around the corner.

I turned around and I let out a shocked gasp.

"A-Ah!" Yuri yelped as she dropped her knife. Fresh cuts were sprawled out along her arms. I jump back in panic as I stand there, seemingly unsure how to respond.

"Y-Yuri!!" I yelled out. Yuri stood there in complete and utter terror. Blood trickled down the floor as I slowly picked up Yuri's knife. "Y-Yuri...are you okay...?"

My voice expressed concern as I tried to lower the terror in my voice. Yuri was still in utter shock and paralysis.

"Y-Y/N...I..." Yuri gasped. Suddenly Yuri melted to the floor and started lightly crying. I kneel over to her and lightly touch her shoulder.

"Hey...it's okay..." I muttered. "Want me to help you heal your wounds? You need help with this, Yuri. And I'm here for you."

She looks up at me and wipes her tears.

"Y-You will...? You'll help a freak like me?"

"Yuri. You're not a freak. I will love to help you, and heal those wounds. Have you ever thought about talking to a therapist? You need to get medical and professional help for this."

I touch Yuri's cheek softly, and she shows me an empty smile, but nods reluctantly.

"T-Thank you..." Yuri murmurs, tears were still running down her face.

"Of course. I'm always here for you. No matter what."