Ep 15: Reason 8

"Yes, PD nim, we want to announce it to the public" EJ stepped forward with his eyes sparkling with desperation

"Yes, PD nim, we want to announce it to the public" EJ stepped forward with his eyes sparkling with desperation. Nicholas bit his lips nervously and looked at them. The whole ENHYPEN and &TEAM along with the &Audition boys stood outside nervously as their dearest friends were going to spill the biggest tea to their fandom.

"But, Euijoo, It's been only a year since you guys debuted. What if you loose what you've strived to build up until now?" He asked fidgeting with his fingers. The room fell silent. The boys outside were taken aback at the thought of what PD has said. EJ's eyes shivered at the saying. Suddenly Nicholas broke the silence. "I will take the responsibility, no matter which extent I have to go to" Nicholas said. EJ turned around in a jolt and surprise. He pulled Nicholas over to a corner. 

"Yah, how can you say that. You've worked hard for this all along. You've been through so much. You didn't even get to talk to your parents for year for this" EJ nagged. Nicholas extended his lips into a bittersweet smile. "To me, you are important now." EJ felt a rush of emotions take up his heart at that point. 

"No, I can't let you do this" EJ said and turned back to PD. "PD nim, I will take the full responsibility. I will save our relationship no matter what happens. I promise this to you" He said. PD felt proud as both of them were so desperate for each other that they didn't hesitate for this brutal decision.

"I will think about it" He said and patted EJ's back. "For now go and practice" He said and sent them away. Both of them had a grim expression on their faces on the way out not knowing what held for them in the future.

Everyone returned to their practice rooms and the atmosphere at &TEAM's place was silent. Fuma got up. "OK! Listen up guys, we have a big show in Korea coming up. So let's make it the best one we did so far. Let's practice!" He said and pulled EJ to the stage. K pulled Nicholas and others got up too.

Unlike their usual selfs everyone over worked trying to make it the best. They knew at some point fans will know about their relationship and that day they would have to go through a mix of emotions. 

Everyone worked hard, sweating out and putting all their blood, sweat and tears into this performance. Yuma and Taki stayed up all night practicing along with Nicholas and EJ. They somehow felt like giving their best this time.

EJ freshened up as soon as he entered the dorm. He looked at Fuma lost in thought. "Hyung" EJ called him. "Thank you so much, you've always been with me. I wish I never loose your friendship" EJ said and smiled. Fuma smiled back revealed. "Why will you? I will always be your best friend" Fuma said and smiled. EJ hugged him and Fuma patted him back.

EJ walked out to see Taki and Nicholas struggling to serve the ramen into 4. "Bold of you to eat this now. Aren't you worried that your faces will be puffy tomorrow?" EJ asked looking at the other two. "Come on, we are pretty handsome even like that, you don't have to worry about it" Yuma barged in took the spoon from Taki and served it. Taki smiled at Yuma's behavior who tried to keep the mood lively.

Taki was about to sit with Nichojoo on the table but Yuma pulled the little chick out of the place. Nicholas and EJ ate  in silence for a while until EJ broke the silence. "Why did you say that?" EJ asked again. "What should i say? I have many reasons. 

'I care for you' 
'You make my heart beat faster'
'You are a shoulder I could lean on'
'You make me smile'
'You make me feel special'
'I get jealous to see you with others'
'Your hug gives me warmth'

And I Love you" 

EJ stared at him feeling cringe run through his spine and yet blushing pretty hard and the chopsticks full of ramen hanging in his mouth. He choked on the ramen as soon as he saw Nicholas smile after that. "Paabo" He looked away trying to avoid Nicholas's gaze. 

Nicholas smiled at the way he EJ so shy. He extended his arm trying to feed EJ. EJ shyly took the bite while K was wide awake while he saw the sight. "AHHH! Why am I always the one to witness this!?!" He sighed stomped back into Fuma's room. "EJ you sleep in that room with Nicole, AND DON'T YOU GUYS DARE SHOW ME THAT LOVEY-DOVEY SIDE IN THE MORNING" He said and shut the door.

"No one asked him to wait and watch it" Nicholas murmured and EJ just smiled it off. EJ's phone dinged with tons of messages and hurriedly opened weverse to see a tons of posts about them. 

They were trending all over Korea, Japan and Taiwan. EJ looked at his chat messages and realized that PD would be announcing their dating status which he didn't see as he was practicing. "DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?" Maki walked out surprised. They read a tons of hate comments and supportive comments. 

EJ and Nicholas looked at each skeptical about tomorrow's performance. 

They sighed and slept trying to make their next performance their best memory.

---

It was already the time of their stage performance. They felt immense emotions hit them. Nicholas and EJ were given some space by the staff and the members while they all got ready for the stage. 

"I am so scared Nicholas" EJ said. Nicholas held his hands for support. "Ju, we have been through a lot already. This has to pass soon too. We will make them believe that our love is more powerful than anything ok?" Nicholas said and smiled. "Nicho...As we are already here now...I want to confess something"

"What is it?"

"Remember that day when we decided to find why our fans ship us?" EJ asked and Nicholas nodded. "And we did find some right?" EJ asked again "Yes we did, total 7 of them" Nicholas said and smiled. "But we missed out one..."

"They might need REASONS TO SHIP US, but I don't need any REASONS TO LOVE YOU."

Nicholas hugged him tightly at the saying and Taki opened the door with a loud thud. "GUYS! THE MICS ARE ON" They realized that their conversation was heard by all the audience in Live stream as well as the fans present there.

Nicholas and EJ sighed and walked to the stage with other members for their performance. They all were taken back by a surprise as the lights went off. Suddenly a wave of lights were lit by the fans.

'#NICHOJOOFOREVER'

It was lit with beautiful blue lights and everyone cheering them on. The lights were switched on above Nicholas and EJ and they smiled at the beautiful sight infront of them. EJ ran to Nicholas and hugged him tightly while the crowd cheered and The members clapped for them.

ENHYPEN who watched it all unfold from backstage cheered upon their success. All the idols worldwide used the hashtag #NICHOJOOFOREVER and #REASONS_NOT_TO_HATE_THEM as their support for Nichojoo. Everyone felt proud of them coming out into the public so boldly despite the severe backlash they would have to face.

R̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶8̶ : They might need REASONS TO SHIP US, but I don't need any REASONS TO LOVE YOU.