Chapter 32

"I have set my foot in your territory Zephyr, come tear me apart."

-Silas Renardi.

_______________

"The hatred you had for me was frightening."

-Zephyr Zion.

*****************

The sounds of footsteps hitting the floor, Zephyr's guards rushing inside the mansion everything was happening too fast Scarlett was panicking.

Clara held Scarlett's hand tightly and pushed her behind her back as Clara held her head high and waited for someone's presence.

Scarlett held her breath in and moved her gaze to Zephyr only to find him staring at her with an unfamiliar emotion visible in the depths of his emerald green eyes.

The footsteps got louder and her gaze moved towards the entrance of the living room.

"I have set my foot in your territory Zephyr, come tear me apart."

A deep manly voice was heard as a man entered with many guards standing behind him as well, he stood tall and held his head high as if he is a king.

Scarlett felt Clara's grip tighten around her wrist but she said nothing nor did she move because her attention was on the man in front of her.

The man moved his gaze away from Zephyr and look around the room only to stop on Scarlett.

His attention focused on her and the first thing Scarlett noticed were his eyes, the color of his eye matched hers.

"Scarlett."

Her name rolled down his tongue as if he has been saying it for years.
Scarlett frowned and stared at him more intensely, he was familiar way too familiar.

As every second passed he became more and more familiar to her and suddenly it all came back flashing,
Her childhood memories, the past.

She did not faint nor did she feel any pain she only felt numb.

Scarlett Rose Renardi remembered every single part of her life the ones she had forgotten, the parts where she laughed with her parents as a child, the first time she met Zephyr on her parents anniversary, The times when she felt love dazed.

She remembered crying and begging her parents to let her marry Zephyr, She remembered her Father walking her down the aisle even though he hated Zephyr's guts.

She could hear her mother's voice when she told her she's pregnant, she could hear herself having fights with Zephyr.

She remembered how everything started so beautiful and ended up so gruesome.
She was never the criminal in this story she was the victim, the one who lost and fell apart got brutally stabbed by her very loved ones.

"Brother." She whispered noticing a ping of pity in his eyes along with the guilt of not finding her sooner.

Tears poured down her eyes and her whole body was shaking.
She loved a man she was supposed to hate all over again, she loved a man who accused her of sleeping with his own brother, she loved a man who she had convinced herself to never see again.
But she still loved him,
Yet again.

Her gaze moved to Zephyr and he stood there staring at her as if he knew that she will hate her when she remembers everything, there was pain in his eyes, the kind that no words could describe.