Chapter 12: Proving yourself

Start from the beginning

Leo Pov

After leaving this interesting duo, I went back to my sister who stayed unfazed by all the noise...a lot of students had come to us and still bother us since we are royalty and having our favor is something great.

Anyway, I just stood beside my twin and crossed my arms.

Dawn Arceid and Luna Zickard...the girl suddenly appeared and was presented as the viscount's daughter and she possessed an abnormal amount of mana.

Along that divine gift, a blessing by the heaven...surely her value skyrocketed and she was granted the title of genius.

On the other side is the so-called worthless bastard child of viscount Lavane...but from what I just saw, he is nothing like the rumors say.

His body is fit as if he trained his whole life to be a knight and he is extremely calm, also something is odd about him.

He always has a sort of cold aura around...an aura that screams, be my enemy and you won't live another day.

Ria : So how are those two ?

Leo : Honestly, they don't seem to care about our statue at all...I would say Miss Luna just doesn't bother to pay attention to anyone beside Dawn while...the latter is unreadable.

Ria : I see...Dawn, huh.

Leo : Did he pick your interest ?

Ria : Yes, he has a blessed power too.

Leo : Huh ?

My twin sister Ria is particular...she is a lone wolf who has a special talent, she can feel and act like a device that sees through your soul.

She can naturally detect blessed ability...but to think Dawn has one, he hides himself very well.

Leo : I see, I guess he is one of those geniuses too...genius attracts genius.

Those two are valuable allies to have...now I'm truly excited to spend more time with him.

Ria : By the way, you suck at hiding your emotions.

Leo : Ugh, did I let my emotion show on my face again ?

Ria : Yes.

3rd Pov

Finally the teacher arrived and every student was separated in pairs...today's content is gauging the level of mastery of each.

Having a target a few miles away, they just had to shoot their elemental spell and try to hit it.

The teacher thought it was going to be an easy going lesson while watching children fail since it was their first day...but against all odds.

Two explosions resonned as both Dawn and Luna had hit in their first try, the target blown away by an ice arrow and a boulder rock.

All the other students sweatdropped as the duo stood there unfazed.

Dawn : You can already control your massive mana ? Impressive.

Luna : You say that but you did better than me.

The fact that Dawn had formed his spell a whole second earlier than her and that his attack caused more direct damage on the target didn't escape Luna's eyes.

But to others, those two were unmatched monsters for their age.

Teacher : You two seem quite advanced compared to others so why not go for a spar.

Dawn : A spar ? (What kind of teacher asks that in the first class...)

Luna : I want that.

Dawn : Huh ?