4. The One With Three Parts (Part 2)

Mikayla's POV

Fuck it, I thought to myself as I took the red cup into my hand. Let's do this.

I opened up the kitchen door, almost bumping into two morbidly drunk girls who were giggling hysterically. "Sorry," I murmured.

"Oh my god, you do not have to apologize, I'm so sorry for running into you!" one of the girls exclaimed, swaying back and forth from drunkness while running her hand through her long brown hair.

"Oh no, really its nothing-" I started.

"Wait, wait, wait, hush," another girl said, this one has black hair. "I love your hair. Like so much. It's just, so beautiful. I love it."

I couldn't get a word out before the brunette spoke again. "Callie, you are so right. It's just, really gorgeous. It's so beautiful, yet so unappreciated. It's like Leonardo DiCaprio in the Oscars."

This time I didn't even try to speak before the black haired girl, presumably named Callie, squealed. I drew a hand to my ear at the sharp noise. "OH MY GOD THAT'S SO TRUE. Leo deserves so much better. He did so well in The Titanic. I just, I feel like he was ripped off of his dream. He has so much talent," she said, and by the end of her little ramble she was sniffling a bit. Did I just make a girl cry with my hair?

In the blink of an eye, they both ran away to get more drinks. Not like they needed them, though.

"Cal, Mike, let's go," I yelled back at the boys, they were chatting up the two girls in the kitchen.

"Coming," Cal yelled, as he and Mike walked over to catch up with me.

We walked out to the main party room. Instantly music blasted my eardrums again, making me flinch. There were so many people around, too, I was already nervous. Calum, who was next to me, was somehow able to sense my nervousness.

"Hey, just like, drink some and you'll be less nervous," he said to me, raising his cup a bit.

"Nice advice," I said sarcastically. But I still followed his advice, despite the fact that the beer tasted like dried grass wheat farts. Sure enough though, I could feel my nerves slipping away. After maybe 30 minutes, I was what one could only describe as drunk, not super drunk, but not just tipsy either. I got more and more used to the party scene, to the point where I was dancing and drinking too much to be healthy. I was blending in more and more with the others.

I left to use the bathroom after a little while, probably because I drank 5 cups of beer in one hour. I know that all of the health classes warn against drinking, but they never say how much fun it is. I could feel the room spinning around me, and I was losing all sense of control to this numb bliss. I'm flat-out drunk.

Hannah's POV

I'm not planning on getting drunk tonight; it's not really my thing. My thing is to stand by and make fun of drunk people doing stupid shit. Which is, in my opinion, more fun than actually getting drunk myself. I have no idea where Ashton is; he's always the life of the party. Probably out with his fellow party guys. We make a weird couple; he's super popular, always going to parties, always social. Everyone loves him, it's like he doesn't even have to try. Me, not so much. I have friends, don't get me wrong, but not as many as Ash, just a small group of very loyal, good friends. I only go to parties when Ash encourages me to, and I've always been a bit shy. Despite our differences, I still love Ashton. So much. I vividly remember how we first met; at the bus stop on my first day of high school.

He talked to me first. Hey, are you new here?

Um, to high school I guess. I'm a freshman, but I think we went to the same middle school.

Oh, I wonder how I didn't notice you in the hallways or something back then. You're too pretty of a girl to go unnoticed like that.

Oh, um, I'm not really, but thank you. I never caught your name?

Ashton. And yours?

Hannah.

Well, is there a number to go along with the name?

I smiled to myself, thinking about it. We've been together for a year now, despite our differences. He's the best guy I've ever met, he's so kind, funny, talented, smart, I could go on forever. The one thing, though, that really made me love him, is how loyal he is.

Mikayla's POV

"Mikayla!"

It took me a second to register that someone called my name, before I turned around to see Ashton behind me.

"Oh! Ashton! Hi, hi, hey, hello, hola, bonjour, what's up!" I excitedly rambled. What the fuck why did I say that.

"I just wanted to talk to you. What's up?" he asked. HE WANTS TO TALK TO ME. Oh god, okay, calmmm downnn. He looks even better when I'm drunk, his curly brown hair fell over his hazel eyes perfectly, and somehow he was looking good despite being nearly as drunk as I was.

"Oh! I'm great, lovely actually, I'm quite intoxicated though, as you can see probably," I said, giggling and hiccuping at the same time. He laughed.

"Yeah, I can see that. Are you here with a date?" he said, with slurred words.

"Oh, um, no. I'm single. Single as a pringle. You could change that, though," I said. It took me a second to process what I'd said. WAIT NO. NO, NO, NO. I FUCKED UP. MY COVER IS BLOWN. HE KNOWS THAT I LIKE HIM NOW OH MY GOD I AM DEAD THIS IS THE END.

Except, he wasn't immediately disgusted. He barely had a reaction at all, he just bit his lip. Maybe he didn't hear.

"Just tonight," he said. He put his drink down on a nearby table, stepping closer to me. In a split second he'd pushed me against the wall, pressing my lips to his, the taste of sweet alcohol on his lips. I felt my heart beating faster, and my mind blurring as I tried to process what was happening. My blurred, drunken train of thoughts were silenced when he pulled me into the bathroom, every movement of his body filled with lust. So maybe he did hear me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - - 

A.N.

OH MY GOD I ALMOST DIED WRITING THIS. I just . . . idk. I kinda feel bad for Hannah, cause she loves Ash so much and she's totally enamored with him. Then Ash is just like 1-800-BITCH-YOU-THOUGHT. Sorry. Btw, thanks so much for reading! xoxo.