"And the sunglasses? Are they more about fashion or function?" Nighteye asked, curiously.

"A bit of both, really. I got me some aviators after an American friend of mine told me to watch this movie called, 'Top Gun'. The characters flew jets, wore aviators and were just all-around badasses. My hero name is also inspired by that movie." I elaborated.

"And your Hero name is?" Nighteye asked.

"Maverick." I simply said.

"I must say, in my opinion, you resemble some kind of yakuza more than a Hero. However, your outfit is justified and also your own choice. So, I will not belittle it." Nighteye said, walking past me. Together, we walked out of his office.

'Everyone's always saying I look more like a yakuza. Maybe I should change my hair... I'm sure as hell not gonna change my costume.' I thought. My thoughts were interrupted as Bubble Girl called out.

"Sir! We have a situation nearby! A small group of bank robbers is making their way toward us!" Bubble Girl said.

"In a vehicle?" Nighteye asked.

"No, the police scanner says they wrecked their getaway car and are approaching this area on foot. Officers can't get close because of their quirks. They're requesting help from nearby Heroes." Bubble Girl explained.

"Finally, something exciting!" I said.

"Let's move to intercept them. You should remain here, L/N. This is for the Pro's." Nighteye ordered. With that, Sir, Centipede and Bubble Girl left the building. I facepalmed and made a face of great annoyance.

"How did I not see that coming? It's like the biggest cliche..." I ranted. I sat down in Bubble Girl's chair and wrestled with my thoughts. 'Don't go after them. Don't do it. Sir said to stay here. Do as he says...' I thought, desperately. A good four minutes went by. I calmly stood up from the chair and stretched my limbs. Then I bolted out the front door. I looked around, trying to deduce which direction they went in. I heard a battle down the street a ways. Then I noticed a nearby taxi that was at a red light.

I ran forward and dove into the backseat from an open window. "Take me that way!" I said, pointing. Instead of driving, the guy in the front seat just screamed and fled from the car. I looked around and realized I had dove into the wrong vehicle. The taxi I had seen was one car back. "Maybe I should just run..." I said, nervously. I climbed out of the car and took off running. "Dammit. I need to consider making some form of transportation for myself. Maybe I can build me a motorcycle? I sure as hell can't attempt rocket boots again..." I said, panting.

Flashback:

Izuku and I were at a playground just outside our apartment building. We were still in Junior High. I was wearing prototype rocket boots I had spent forever working on. I held in my hands the controls, which were connected to the boots by wires. Izuku stood near me with a fire extinguisher. "I still don't think this is a good idea, L/N." Izuku said.

"I told you, dude. You can just call me Y/N. And just trust me." I said, confidently. Izuku still looked unsure but remained there nonetheless. "Okay, engaging flight test in 3...2...1..." I said, activating the rockets. One immediately detached from the boot and flew into a trashcan, setting it on fire. The other remained attached to its boot, but I couldn't control it. I propelled me across the playground, and up a slide, before getting me tangled in the chains of a swing set. Izuku ran over in a panic and sprayed me with the fire extinguisher. I wasn't even on fire...

End of flashback:

"God, the explanation I had to give my parents..." I recalled, cringing. After running full speed for a short while, I reached the battle site. It was five villains against the three from Nighteye's Agency. Actually, Centipede was unconscious from whatever happened before I arrived. Just then, one of the villains threw Bubble Girl and was about to hit her. I ran forward and slid on the ground. The villain looked down to see that I was beneath him, pointing my pistol up at him.