Ch. 14 A Small Test

Comenzar desde el principio

It was a power with great potential; used well, it could become a stable source of new abilities.

Even though Venom could only replicate abilities related to the body and was restricted by the time of bonding, it was still a potent ability.

If he had a true Venom with him now, Russell wouldn't consider testing it.

But unfortunately, what he had wasn't genuine Venom.

To avoid repeating the situation where he didn't understand his abilities, he intended to test with Sloan firsthand.

Firstly, Sloan was a normal Earth human.

This meant that replicating his abilities through genetics wouldn't require an extended bonding period.

Secondly, Sloan possessed the ability of "Bullet Curving."

Though different from the superpowers arising from genetic mutations, there was no denying that "Bullet Curving" was indeed a superpower.

It was a superpower that could be acquired through learning, though.

Lastly, Sloan wouldn't refuse his experiment.

Sloan was almost too overjoyed to speak, his face beaming with happiness.

Glancing at Sloan's current demeanor, Russell slightly relaxed the tendrils wrapped around Sloan's neck.

Aside from testing the ability of Genetic Replication on Sloan, he had another minor curiosity.

He wanted to know if the symbiote split off from his own body would inherit all its abilities and be under his control.

The issue persisted: Russell's Venom wasn't genuine Venom.

If he possessed the real Venom, he could transfer the symbiote to Sloan directly.

But the problem was that he didn't have authentic Venom.

So, this was another question that could only be answered through testing.

One test subject could yield two test results.

From this perspective, Sloan was undoubtedly an excellent test subject.

"How much reward did Cross give you? If you release me, I can offer you twice the amount!"

Sloan, no longer choked, started the conventional bribery tactic of offering twice the price.

"Give it up. You can't afford to pay double what he give."

Cross' assignment was directly tied to the rewards the system provided.

This reward was something Sloan could never double.

"You don't need to worry too much. I won't do anything too cruel to you."

"If all goes well, you'll experience a wonderful feeling."

When bonded with the symbiote, one could experience the euphoria of an exponential increase in bodily functions.

That excitement was similar to a beggar suddenly winning a multimillion-dollar lottery.

Russell had experienced it several times, but even during a full-body Venomization, he still got a bit carried away.

After speaking, he once again controlled the black tendrils, tightening them around Sloan's neck to prevent him from continuing to ask questions or yelling.

"Alright, time is limited, let's begin!"

Presently, only Russell's head retained a normal human appearance; the rest of his body was still in Venom form.

His demonic-like body and the black tendrils oozing from it, combined with the fear on Sloan's face and the dimness of the tunnel, created a sinister sight.

Over ten minutes later.

With answers already obtained, Russell acted without hesitation, manipulating the black tendrils to snap Sloan's neck.

A crisp crack echoed, and Sloan's eyes completely lost their light.

At the moment of Sloan's death, the system information that only Russell could see automatically appeared.

"Reward: Fate's Assassin; Status: Activated; Activation Condition: Completion of Cross' Task (Killing Sloan); Activation Effect: After activation, master Bullet Curving and gain the ability to control adrenaline autonomously."

Seeing the system information pop up, Russell let out a satisfied whistle.

Sloan's cooperative behavior provided him with the desired test results, successfully replicating the "Bullet Curving" superpower.

However, that wasn't the real reason for his happiness.

What truly pleased him was the "Bullet Curving" ability granted by the system.