Chapter 7

ADA

The drive to the pack was quiet. I focused on the window, ignoring the wolf driver, who kept looking at me.

The thought of going here was all so real. I have avoided being near the pack. Even when Callie was attacked, I sent Phoebe to get her.

A shiver ripples through me as the driver turns onto another road and drives to the gates. My eyes dart around when the driver stops.

Two wolves come closer and stop. Their eyes are on the car, even though I know they are looking at me. One of the wolves approached the car, making the driver look at him. They don't talk.

They have to be mind-linking with one another. I watch them as they look at me and then back at each other.

After a few seconds, the wolf outside looks, and the other gives him a nod, and the gates open.

The driver drives away and heads into the pack. As we get further in, I can sense loads of wolves around. My magic flares, but I close my eyes and calm down.

I hadn't used my magic for years, and there was reason behind it. I won't use it now on a bunch of other wolves, but if I am threatened, I would have to hope and pray that the coven would rescue me.

The car comes to a stop right in front of a big building. My eyes darted up, and I stared in awe at the place.

An image of the last time I was here appeared, sending dread and doubt through me. Why would he ask me to come here?

"I will take you to the office to see the Alpha," the driver exclaims, pulling me from my thoughts. I said nothing as my eyes went to the driver, who had opened his door and stepped out. I do the same and stand. My eyes wander around as more eyes are focused on me.

I felt like I was going to be fed to the wolves.

A few wolves were in wolf forms and humans, but mixed feelings came from them. Wonder mostly, but fear.

My stomach dropped. Why would they fear me or my kind? We have done nothing wrong.

Over the years, we have kept to ourselves and stayed away from the pack. Never interfering in any pack business. We were never asked to fight for or with them. They kept us away.

The council and the alpha agreed not to come to us for any help. I was there and even witnessed the signing of all those involved. It was made the night Callie was attacked.

Rogues infiltrated parts of the coven, trying to get into the pack. Some stupid mutt thought he could come through to attack, but he was sadly mistaken.

Callie was there at the wrong time and place. If it weren't for Shadow, she would have been dead.

"Come on," the driver said, making me look at him. He motioned toward the steps. "The alpha is waiting."

I gave him a nod and walked, following the driver up the steps.

We headed inside and walked through the foyer. My eyes darted around, taking everything in. The place was massive inside and out. Photos hang on every wall, and it looked well kept.

The driver walked while I followed him down a corridor and stopped when we came to a door named Alpha Cedrick.

Wait, who the hell was Cedrick?

The driver knocked on the door, and someone shouted, 'Come in.' My mind raced as I tried to figure out who the hell I was going to be meeting.

The driver opened the door but looked over his shoulder as he sidestepped away from me. "I'm not going in," he murmured. "But I will take you back to the coven when you are done talking."