Rise of the Spinjitzu Master

Depuis le début

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

Onyx clung onto the mech Nya had made as it clambered up a familiar mountain slope after the Falcon. After a minute, the stone leveled out, and the bird swept down to perch upon the highest spire of the Temple of Light. Zane tilted his head at it. "You brought us back to the Temple of Light? I do not understand. We've already been here," he said softly. Misako's eyes narrowed slightly as she took in the sight of the temple. "This location, I've seen this before. I just never understood it," she said as everyone climbed down from the mech and entered the temple.

Onyx and the others examined the temple, searching for... well, they didn't know what they were looking for. Onyx ran her hands lightly over the walls, feeling for a switch or something. She wrinkled her nose at the dust that caked up on her fingertips. "Hey, I think I found something!" Kai's voice called. Everyone quickly made their way over to him. He had slashed cobwebs out of the way, revealing a thin slot with red gemstone around it. "There are probably more of them," Onyx remarked, noticing the colour and putting a few pieces together. She turned on her heel and went back to searching.

After several minutes, three more slots had been found, each a different colour corresponding to Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane. There was a moment of silence while everyone stood awkwardly around, confused as to what they were supposed to do. "We're definitely supposed to put something in them," Kai said. Jay's eyes suddenly sparkled, and he whipped out his elemental blade, sliding it into the blue slot. "Guys, put your blades into them!" He exclaimed.

The others followed suit, and as their elemental blades slid into the empty shafts, there was a sharp clicking sound. The ground began to rumble as a circular piece of the floor beneath the divine bell slid aside, inexplicably vanishing. Onyx stared in amazement as a mech rose from the new hole. It was a majestic thing, coloured with white and gold and standing nearly twice as tall as the mech Nya had built. The most interesting thing about it, though, was that it didn't seem to have any gears or mechanical parts.

"What is it?" Kai asked. "It is the fighting suit the First Spinjitzu Master used when he battled the Overlord," Misako said softly. Onyx approached it carefully and began to examine it. It was well-made and sturdy, and she could sense a faint light emanating from it. Cole clambered up it and into the pilot's seat. "You mean the First Spinjitzu Master once sat here? Haha, get out of here!" He looked around at the inside of the cockpit. "How do you make this thing work?" He asked. Dr. Julien circled the mech, eyes sweeping it up and down before giving a sigh. "Sadly, I think time has done her in. She's only a relic now," he said. Onyx's eyes narrowed. That wasn't an acceptable answer. They needed it to work. She could feel the Overlord's presence even with however many thousands of miles across the sea he was, and it was exhausting.

"If it worked for the First Spinjitzu Master, perhaps it will work for the next Spinjitzu Master?" Wu suggested. His voice was calm, but the tight grip he had on his staff betrayed his desperation. "It's worth a shot," Lloyd said, struggling and barely managing to clamber up into the cockpit as Cole hopped out. Lloyd fiddled with the controls for a moment before shaking his head. "Nothing. Maybe it really-woah!" His words turned into a surprised exclamation as a light suddenly enveloped the mech, turning it entirely gold.

Onyx flinched at the sudden surge of energy that burst from the mech, caught off guard. "Can you pilot it with your leg?" She called. Lloyd lifted the mech's leg and smirked. "Oh yeah! It feels much better," he answered. "Well, I know how he is getting to Ninjago, but what about us?" Misako asked. To this, there didn't seem to be an answer. They wouldn't be able to cling to the mech all the way across the ocean, and Nya's didn't have a flying feature. Suddenly, roars sounded from outside. Onyx immediately picked out Fade's distinctively echoey sound.