Chapter 1: Routine

*Joshua*

"What do you mean your dumping me?" Eve said with tears in her eyes.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Eve was the tenth girl this week alone. Dumping them was almost funny. Okay it was a little funny. A crowd gathered in the hallway although some people continued walking.

Some gave me glares of anger, some pitied Eve, and others smiled or gave me thumbs up. Some guys took out their phones and started recording. Some girls snickered and gossiped with their friends.

"But . . . I thought . . . You said. . . " She stuttered while fighting back tears. Of course it didn't work and they started running down her face.

"I didn't say anything that meant we were going to be together forever. You're just too clingy and emotional. You hate it when I hang out with my friends, even if it's for a minute. I don't love you and I definitely don't want to speak with you again. It's best if we pretend we never met." I said casually. Eve covered her eyes with her hands and started crying. I rolled my eyes and started walking away.

"What a jerk. He needs to learn how to respect women." I heard a girl say and I turned in the direction of her voice. She was caramel colored, with black hair, and brown eyes. She had her black backpack slung over over one shoulder, she wore black glasses, a black t-shirt, and dark blue jeans.

She was speaking with Tasmine. A girl with brown hair in a ponytail, pale skin, and wore a grey suit. She takes her student council role seriously and she was apart of the student welcoming committee.

I smiled to myself. Well she's lovely looking, I thought and turned around. I think I'll have a chat with Tasmine when she's at lunch.

I couldn't stop thinking of the new girl and her choice of words. Like all girls I'll have her begging me to date her. All I need to do is use my charms and looks.

*Kara*

I was sitting in lunch eating a cheese pizza. I looked and saw the girl from earlier two tables away from me. Tasmine told me her name was Eve. She was still crying over that Joshua guy. Her friends were trying to comfort her.

I looked away and waited for Tasmine. She was nice, but enforces the school rules like a cop. I saw her and waved her over. She sat down in the chair to my right.

"Watch your back." She said and took a bite out of her sandwich.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Joshua asked me about you." Tasmine looked passed me and rolled her eyes. "Speak of the devil."

I heard the chair on my left squeak. I turned and saw him looking at me with a smirk. He had brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes.

"Hey there sweetie. What's a girl like you doing in a school like this?" Joshua asked. I didn't smile. I shifted my body toward him, crossed my arms, and looked him the eye.

"Answer me this: Why would you treat Eve like that? And I've heard you've done it more than six times."

"Come on, let's not talk about that." He said and grabbed my hand. I felt anger boil in me.

"How about we talk about this." I grabbed the fork on my plate and stabbed his hand. Hard enough to make him bleed but not hard enough to make a hole. He breathed in and moved his hand away. The fork dragged across the skin a little. It looked like he was scratched by a cat.

"What was that for?!" He said angrily while looking at his hand. I smiled and put the fork down.

"Your a jerk and I don't date guys like you." I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. I could feel him and others stare at me as I left.

Not Like The Other GirlsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara