Reset

And that's pretty much how our week went. Ianto, Tosh, and I would work in the archives most of the time Gwen was at the hub. Owen refused to any archiving, which honestly didn't surprise me. I would often go up and watch Gwen. I don't trust her. Or like her. And with pretty good reason too.

So today's Friday, and Gwen comes in wearing sluttier cloths than usual. And her cloths had already gotten much worse in the week Rhys had been gone. Personally, I wouldn't even call her shirt a shirt. It's more like a bra. I only know it wasn't because I can see her bra. Her 'shirt' is a pale hot pink. Bright enough to stand out but toned down so it didn't look like it was begging for attention. It obviously still was though. Her bra is a lacy black thing, which doesn't go with the shirt at all. Normally that wouldn't matter but when you can see almost as much bra as shirt, it does.

Her jeans are black, like usual, because "black is slimming," apparently. I don't know, I don't really do fashion much. I don't think Gwen does either. At any rate, they're like extra extra extra extra skinny jeans. I think they're supposed to make her butt look good, but they really just made her legs look fat because it looks like the jeans are gonna burst at the seams.

After my daily stalking Gwen's entrance, I go to talk to Tosh. Being the only other girl, she's the one I complain about Gwen to. I've also told her that she wants a relationship with Jack. So she's completely on my side with this as she and Ianto are close and if Gwen messes with Jack it messes with Ianto.

"She's really bad today Tosh." I say as I approach her. "You should come see. She probably has plans to be in some club tonight. And not alone."

Tosh frowns and follows me back to the hub. When she sees Gwen she winces. "I don't do fashion, but I'm better than she is," she remarks.

"My thoughts exactly. I don't think we should let Ianto see her." I suggest. "I'm also gonna stalk her all day."

"Okay. Even if she is shitty competition Ianto will get really insecure. Because Jack will look at her, although it will not be out of love or whatever emotions she wants to provoke." Tosh agrees.

"Hey what's up?" Owen asks coming up from the archives. "What're you lookin- oh. That... that is something." He seems pretty appalled by Gwen. Tosh has told him about my hatred for Gwen and he pretty much agrees. That might be partially just to agree with Tosh. I think they might be a thing, but I will respect their privacy. I'll see what Ianto thinks.

"Help Tosh keep Ianto in the archives." I instruct him. "I'm gonna stalk her all day."

"Alright, but won't Jack see you stalking her? He'll defend her privacy, because he doesn't see the side of her the rest of us see." Owen counters.

"Nope." I grin. "I've been working on haunting. I can walk into Jack's office and wake my hand in front of his face without him seeing me. And yes, I made sure he was awake." Jack has been falling asleep in his office a lot these days. I think it has to do with the stuff he and Ianto do at night. I don't want to know what. I mean, I ship them to heaven and to hell, but please spare the asexual girl.

*~*

The day passes pretty uneventfully. Tosh and Owen are able to keep Ianto busy and out of Gwen's way, and Jack doesn't see me watching Gwen's every move. The only thing she does is walk with a little more sway in her hips, a walk she has yet to master. Jack did stare at her in the beginning, but it seemed to be curiosity and confusion, not lust.

At 5:50, ten minutes before Jack now sends Gwen home, Gwen walks up to Jack's office. I am right behind her. She sashays in an sits on the edge of his desk. Jack, thankfully, continues to work on whatever paperwork he's doing right now.

After a solid minute passes, Gwen clears her throat, and Jack looks up at her. "What?" He asks. He seems kind of annoyed to be disturbed.

Gwen, taken aback by his attitude, falters a bit. "I- I was wondering if you'd like to come to a club with me? I mean, I'm going and I thought you'd want to come."

"Um, no. Why would I want to go?" He almost certainly has plans for Ianto.

That made Gwen aggressive. "You want to go, because it's a date. With me." Okay wow. I'm not actually all that surprised that she just asked him out. I'm surprised that she thinks that she is so special that he should be begging to go on a date with her. She should be begging for a date with him. Which she'll probably be doing pretty soon.

"Actually," Jack sounds like he's explaining something to a five year old. I'm surprised he's keeping his cool. "I don't want to go because it's a date with you. I still love Ianto. And you should not be so eager to go on dates at all. Your husband died not even a week ago."

"Oh, please," she scoffs. "You obviously love me. The only reason you were with Ianto was to make me jealous. It's the same reason I kept Rhys. Now that they're both out of the way, we don't have to pretend anymore." I bristle at her words. How she talks down to Ianto and treats Rhys like a dog.

Jack has a similar reaction. "You could not be more wrong. I am- was," he corrects himself, as Ianto technically is still dead, "with Ianto because I loved him. Still do. You should not talk as if Rhys was an object that you could just throw away. Yes, I love you. Like a little sister. And after today, even that's a stretch. I don't even need you here anymore. Gwen Cooper, you are fired."

"Actually, you can't fire me. I'm the only person beside yourself working here. You need me." She declares, all high and mighty.

"That's where you're wrong. I've still got Ianto, Tosh, and Owen. And Hazel should be able to replace you pretty well. Provide an outside view. And we don't need a liaison with the police. You haven't really done that well anyways."

"Aw, baby, you're delusional. Tosh, Owen, and Ianto are dead. And I don't think Hazel exists," she croons. "Come with me, I'll help you."

"Yes, they are dead. But they still exist. As ghosts." Jack replies through grit teeth.

"Ghosts don't exist, Jackie boy." Now she's talking down to him and calling him nicknames. I've had enough. Before Jack can reply to her, I slap her. Which does work. I guess I'm more powerful when my emotions are strong.

"I exist. As a ghost." I growl at her. She just stares at me. "Now you will take retcon and get out of here or I will probably kill you, because it would be hell for me to haunt you."

Jack takes my appearance well, and goes to get the retcon ready. "Thanks Hazel," he says quietly.

*~*

Reset. As in Gwen's memory.

This chapter was fun to write. I like hating on Gwen. And don't get me wrong, I love it when her character is nice and sweet and motherly, but it is so much easier (and more fun) to make her an antagonistic character.