"The One Piece has got to be on the Grand Line somewhere."
"Yeah but where? We don't have the funds to cover the voyage. Not to mention all the other pirates looking for it too. Especially the ones who ate a devil fruit. We can't win against them."
"Every devil fruit eater has their weakness. Take Buggy, the clown, he ate the Chop Chop fruit. If you think about it, you can defeat him by taking away his limbs."

Why was that the memory that popped up in my head? I hope I am not foreshadowing something.

Nami and Luffy were having a banter session, when an explosion went off. The light it gave off was red...interesting.

"Is that the Marines?" Zoro asks, getting ready for a fight.

Nami responds with another question, "How did they find us?"

"I mean reasonably, we did just beat up a Captain, it's not really a longshot that they found us. But guys, why is the light that the explosion give off red, and additionally, why is the sky still red?" I state.

Everyone rushes out, and looks at the sky. The red smoke was continually exploding over us, like fireworks.

"This smoke smells weird," Luffy points out.

A few seconds later, Nami fell to the ground, passing out. I felt like I was getting weaker by the second, even Zoro fell due to the smoke.

"Zoro! Luffy, get the map!" I shout, my voice slowly getting softer. I drag my weakening body towards Zoro, and I almost reach him. I then felt my eyes falling shut, and soon after my body probably hit the ground.

Time Skip

I groggily open my eyes and grunt, my limbs being still. My sight is blurry still, but I can see streaks of light feed through the cracks in the material surrounding us. I slowly regain more and more of my senses, and realize I'm sort of laying on Zoro, my head resting on his shoulder.

I quickly jerk up, and scoot a little to my left, far enough to not have any contact with Zoro. I then realize that nobody else was awake, and since we aren't in any danger, I decide shutting my eyes while waiting for the others to wake up isn't a bad idea.

Luffy eventually wakes up and once he gains back his senses, he starts trying to wake the others up too.

"Hey," Luffy goes up to Zoro, and whispers loudly in his ear, "Zoro."

Zoro immediately wakes up, feeling his sides for his most prized possessions. "They took my swords. Wait. (Y/N)."

Zoro comes up to my curled up body, tapping me on the shoulder. "Are you ok? Do you have your weapons?"

I look up at him, nod to answer his first question, then start feeling for my fans and katana. I then notice I still have my throwing knives. "I'm weapon free," I state, but motion my head in a nodding motion, pointing to my boots. I then mouth 'throwing knives' to Zoro, and he nods in acknowledgment. You never know when and if someone is listening.

While we had our exchange, Nami and Luffy also had a conversation. Then, Zoro started hitting the wooden planks, trying to find a way out.

"We have been captured," Nami states, "We need a plan."

"I don't need a plan. I just need to beat the hell out of every Marine I see," Zoro retorts, looking away from Nami and looking at me annoyed. I shake my head, hoping he gets the message that it's not the best idea, especially because of the situation we are in. Wait, why does Zoro care about my opinion so much? Eh, I can worry about that later.

"Hey, everyone, relax. We're fine," Luffy tries to deescalate the bickering.

"We're not fine. The Marines will throw us in jail if we're lucky. Execute us if we aren't," Nami says, being realistic.

"Nami, I don't think they are Marines. Wouldn't we be in a jail cell in the hull of a ship, not a wooden box? Even more, we aren't even on the water," I reason.

"Yeah, they... they are not Marines," Luffy backs me up, "Before I got knocked out, I saw a Jolly Roger. We've been captured by pirates."

"That's much better news," Nami sarcastically responds.

"No, he's right. Marines have training. Pirates are easier to kill," Zoro contributes.

Luffy then recalls something that I guess a person he admires said. "Shanks used to say not very situation can be solved with violence."

"Who the hell is Shanks?"

"Probably the one who inspired the kid," I retort.

"We don't need to fight. I can talk to them. Pirate to pirate."

Wow this kid is serious.

"That won't work," Nami butts in.

"Why not?" Luffy asks. Well great, another bickering session. Zoro starts trying to pry the top of the cage open, ignoring the bickering.

"Well to start, you're not a pirate."

"Yes. I am."

"No. You are some stretchy guy in a tattered hat."

"I'm a different type of pirate."

"Pirates are pirates. There's only one kind."

Wow, someone has trauma.

Suddenly, the top of the cage is lifted up, and we are surrounded by a bunch of lights.