IV

"Aanyeong, nae sarang."

"Sthandwa sentliziyo yami~" she sang with her lively voice, making me smile. That alone had me thinking she was alone as she was a relatively reserved kind of person around people, until she got know them - that's when her bubby, whimsical self starts to emerge. Radiating so vibrantly in a field of flowers. She stopped all of suddenly.

"Hawu, it's noisy on your side."

"I'm on the road, heading to Pietermaritzburg."

"Eh. Way over there? Why?"

"Searching for livestock. . for inhlawulo."

"Yoongi, you shouldn't blindingly trust Google Maps." She sighs.

"But the reviews were good and the price is reasonable, too." I tried to reason. Google said the price was reasonable - and with the lobola coming up as well, I needed to be smart in the financial department.

"If you say so, darly."

"Listen."

"Mhmm." She hums and a brief pause of silence takes over between us.

"You should come visit me in La Lucia after I give you the go-ahead once I'm finished here."

"Ha. . Manje, I must drive for 3 hours and 51 minutes just to see you in La Lucia?" The scoff was evidently clear in her tone.

"Ya, what's wrong with that?" I whine, pouting. "I thought you loved long drives."

"Yes, but not when I'm the driver. Driving is exhausting." She sighed exasperatedly and I giggled at my lovely actress.

"Where are you now, jagiya?"

"Me? I've just turned a left. We're on the way to look for a dress for this precious girl's baptism. Are you going to be able to make it?"

My smile stretches and a felt a warmth tug at heart with the mention of my little darling. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"And you, have you eaten yet?" She asks.

"Not since the smoothie I had this morning. Why?"

"You are going to hear a story." A chuckled trailed through the line and immediately I am engaged with the story she is about to tell.

"What is it, what is it?" I stopped the car at a red light and waited for the pedestrian to pass.

"This past week I have been drowning in YouTube videos on how to make kimchi dumplings or ttaebokki." At the mention of my favourite foods, my mouth waters as I imagine the savoury dishes. "Mm."

"Yeah, I think I lost the confidence. . ."
My eyes widened and a scorching disappointment replaced my astonishment. "Ah! No. Ttaebokki sounds interesting when you're wanting to make it!"

"You'll just have to settle with my pap and voers when I get to La Lucia."
To be honest, pap and voers was also good! I haven't touched Zulu cuisine in a hot minute.

"Ah! So it's a yes to La Lucia?" I said with a cheeky boldness in my voice as I caught on.

"I'm still thinking about it." She replied hastily.

"Ya. I just want to finally hold my princess. I've been counting down the days." A huff left my mouth.

She wasn't making this any easier on me. Counting down the days to thinking about my little family after long days of rehearsals. . . next to BTS, they are my tranquil Eden.