His eyes drift away from me as he leans against the doorframe, "Astryd moved out of the penthouse." With his tone I couldn't tell if it was a question or a statement.

"How'd you know?" I look at him through the mirror as I rinse my hands under the cold water before pumping soap into my hand.

"Leo threw a fit, and I helped with minor damages along with being emotionally supportive." He walks further into the bathroom as I lather the soup on my hands, and he leans against the counter with his back facing the mirror.

"Supportive how?" I glance at him furrowing my brows and pursing my lips.

The slight wrinkle between his brows as he pinches them together created a look of defensiveness, despite the amusement in his voice. "What's that look for? You do not think I can be emotionally supportive?"

I stayed silent washing my hands.

He scoffs with a chuckle hidden underneath. I shrug, "Just answer the question."

"I told him I feel no sympathy for him as Astryd moving out was his fault to begin with." He mutters glancing away to the more interesting glass shower.

"Oh, forgive me for my assumptions. How wrong it was for me to think you, Carter Moretti, were anything but supportive. They should give you a 'Emotionally Supportive Human' vest."  I top my exaggeration with a shameful sigh, and turning off the sink water before drying my hands off.

"Shut up." He chuckles, and follows me out the bathroom turning off the light.

"I'm sorry, cariño, but I wouldn't really describe that as emotionally supportive. I don't think anyone would." I stop to turn around and face him.

"I was being honest, and that is suppose to be the best policy." His hands automatically latch onto my hips pulling me closer to him.

"Sometimes you don't need to be honest. You just needed to be his friend. I'm sure Leo already knows he played a significant part of Astryd leaving so you didn't have to rub it in." I cup his face.

His calloused hands wrap around my wrist, and his thumbs caresses the back of my hands. Intently, his golden eyes were searching mine as a smile tips at his lips.

"You are good." He says looking at me as if I was fascinating.

"Good? At what?"

"Nothing. You are just beautifully good." He spoke again, softer this time with a rasp in his voice as if the words pained him, but he had this look in his eyes that were anything but pain. The look was soft and gentle and an another look I wanna describe as a storm desperation, but it calm as it was chaotic; passionate.

I still didn't understand what he meant or the look in his eyes, but it made a sense of nerves crash over me, and the gentle kiss to my cheek made them flush.

I was going to to say something but the sound of light pattering from outside catches my attention.

It was raining.

I slip from Carter's grasp, walking to the window, and pulling back the curtains.

The sky was a marble of dark grey with light peeking behind the gloomy clouds as water droplets fall wetting everything below.