𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚

It was your dads birthday, so you wanted to come 'home' even though your relationship with him wasn't exactly like a normal daughter and father, he was always cold with you never giving you the attention you craved as a little girl all he can do was provide stuff for you, you never understood why he couldn't just love you. Once you arrived at the neighborhood you grew up in, there were a few unfamiliar vehicles parked around the street of your what used to be home, you noticed a bike that caught your attention, if bikes had dicks, this was the one.

"This is one of the few things I wanna ride other than a dick." You thought to yourself as you walked to the front door. You knocked, carefully not wanting to drop the carrot cake you got for your dad. Shortly after the door creaks up, you were expecting to see your father but, you saw your dad's best friend, Leon.

He aged like fine wine.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little sweetpea." He crossed his arms across his chest. "Your dad's in the backyard with some other divorced dad's with no wife's cooking some BBQ and drinking up cans of beer, y'know... just in case you're wondering." He scratched the back of his neck.

Of course he's grilling, hes loves that grill more than me. "I'm not surprised, I'm glad he's spending time with his own kind."

He chuckled. "Yeah you're spot on come on in, I'm sure he's excited to see you."

"Excited? pfft... yeah, right." You said sarcastically, the last thing that old man would be is excited to see his own daughter.

Leon turned away and began walking towards the living room when he stopped mid step. He turned and looked at you, raising his eyebrow a tiny bit. "Why did you say that he wouldn't be excited to see you? It's been so long since he's seen you. Doesn't he want to see his own child on his birthday?"

"I mean, he didn't even ask me to come over he never reached out or anything."
You can see the pity in Leon's eyes, he feels bad for you.

He sighed and put his hand on your shoulder. "Look, your dad isn't the best at showing his emotions. There have been times when I've had to drag him from his study to eat food or go to dinner with him. But I know for a fact that he loves you very much and has been thinking about you for a long time."

He's so sweet and understanding, gosh... he's even sexier than the bike parked outside in the neighborhood you thought to yourself.

"Now, let's go find your dad."

"Yeah... let's just go find my dad, it is the man's birthday after all." You placed down the carrot cake on the kitchen counter.

He nodded and walked over to the sliding glass door that leads into the backyard.

"I'm sure your dad wants to see you, and he will appreciate that carrot cake you got him, I know it's the only cake he will ever eat." Who the fuck even likes that piece of shit? "I know you're nervous about seeing him again. It's been a long time after all."

He opened the glass sliding door that leads you into the backyard where you see your dad grilling a BBQ while three other men drink beer beside him. You can see that they are talking and laughing.

Oh god, I need this to be over as quickly as possible.

"Kid is that you?" Your dad turns to you, looking surprised.

"Yup, the one and only." You said awkwardly giving a small smile. "Happy birthday dad." You said the word 'dad' like it was foreign to you and it hurt to say it, you walked over to your dad with your arms stretched out for a hug.