𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝙨𝙞𝙭 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚

"wait so?" nate paused trying to think of what he was going to say, "are you staying in new york still or are they moving you to california?" he questioned once he positioned his phone so kaia could see his face as they facetimed for the third time today. kaia sighed, "i'm staying in new york until early march." she stopped talking to look at her calendar, "then i'm coming back to boston for two weeks to celebrate my birthday." nate frowns, "i'm not going to be here for when you come back."

kaia furrows her brows, "what do you mean?" he looked at his phone in sadness seeing kaia's facial expressions change quickly at his words, "i'm supposed to be going to hawaii with chris, nick, and matt." nate explains, "oh, oh that's okay. i'll just see you in-" she turns to look at her calendar again only for another frown to come across her face, "i have to be in new york that week, but maybe for brittney's birthday?"

nate shrugged, "i think that wou-" he started to talk only to be instantly interrupted by kaia, "natty, i'm sorry i have to go to a meeting." she tells grabbing her keys and purse, "can i call you back when i get home?" nate weakly smiles, "yeah of course. have fun, kai."

𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚

kaia walked into yet another meeting with her manager and another girl her manager wanted her to work with, "good morning kaia. this is marie lennon." marie smiled at kaia as she got up from her seat to hug kaia, "its nice to finally meet you." marie told with a smile, "i've been told wonderful things about you." kaia smiles at the girl in front of her breaking off of her embrace, "i hope they were all good things-" she says with a joking tone but gets interrupted by her phone ringing and she looks at her phone then to her manager, "i'm so sorry can i take this?"

"of course." her manager, lisa, said in an annoyed tone as she watched kaia walk out the office to answer the call, "hello?" she answered seeing nate's face appear on her phone but his brows instantly raised when the environment didn't look familiar, "oh, are you at a meeting? if you are i'll call you back?" kaia frowned, "yeah, i'll call you when i get finished if you aren't busy?" she said in questioned tone as he answered with a nod before hanging up.

and what kaia didn't know is that it would the last time she would hear from nathan. well, that's being a little bit dramatic but he would only text her back with one word answers or not answer at all.

but thankfully she made a new friend who she'd hope would take away the pain of her slowly losing nate as a friend.

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚

despite nathan not being in kaia's life anymore every little thing reminded her of him and the same thing happened to nate but it happened more frequently than it did for kaia. kaia hated being away from nate especially since he was the only person, besides zach and brittney, that kaia could take to about personal things and the amount of advice he would give her on certain situations. but things change and unfortunately things weren't looking better for neither nate or kaia as they spent their time a part in different states and no way to contact each other because the other person had them blocked or vice versa.

and when kaia and amira came to visit this month during brittney's twentieth brithday, nate ignored kaia acting as if he didn't know her at all as he sat around with his girlfriend, jenna, who had argued the night before with him about kaia coming to celebrate his older sister's birthday with him and his family. the argument between jenna and nate basically concluded that he wasn't allowed to talk, look, nor be near kaia.