"What the hell, Kruno?!" Shikamaru asked, and I shrugged my eyes slightly.

"I was trying to see how close home was from here. It's quite far, we won't make it home before they close the gates, so I guess we have to camp out here." I said, looking at Asuma. He nodded his head slightly, and I sat down on the stump of the tree I had climbed, Shikamaru soon following after me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and gently kissed the side of my head lightly, his eyes resting shut.

"You ready for a camp out?" I asked, and I glanced down just in time to see him smirk.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care." I playfully smacked his arm, and he sat up to glare at me.

"I'm just trying to be cute, gosh!" He shouted, and I glared at him.

"Do not raise your voice at me, Shikamaru Nara." I said, pointing my finger in his face, which he rolled his eyes to.

"Babe, I am not trying to be mean, but you are about as scary as a puppy." He said, and I growled, snarling my nose at him slightly.

"I am a mother fucking puppy!" I screamed, hitting him on top of the head before laughing lightly, leaning against his chest.

"You are so beyond troublesome." He said, and I smiled, looking up at him.

"Yeah, but you love me."

"And I always will." He said, placing a kiss to my forehead. Asuma chuckled slightly at us, and I looked over at him with a confused look. He gestured to how we looked, and my cheeks turned slightly pink.

"So, you two are not dating?" Asuma said, and we both shook our heads.

"Shikamaru, you gotta ask this one out. You don't want her to slip through your fingers."

"Oh trust me, I know I don't."

I sat up in a huff, crossing my arms over my chest in a child like manner. They both looked at me before rolling their eyes, and Shikamaru pulled me even closer against him. Asuma-Sensei stretched his arms up over his head, yawning loudly which caused me to chuckle.

"Alright, who's taking first watch?" Asuma asked, and I raised my hand.

"I will." I said, and Asuma nodded as Ino, Choji and himself laid out something to sleep on from each one of their bags, and Shikamaru looked over at me.

"I'm going to stay up with you."

"No you're not. Go to sleep now, Shika." I said smiling, leaning over and kissing his lips gently. He grumbled under his breath, but reluctantly went over to our squad, placing a jacket on the ground and went to sleep almost as soon as he laid his head down. I sighed heavily, and started to look around the forest from boredom. I didn't know why I offered to take first shift, but I wasn't going to back down now. This gave me more time to think about everything.