Chapter SIX: Coronation

THIRD PERSON POV

The choirs high voices rang through the cathedral as the Coronation began. The three VK's in the balcony shared a look of worry, and remorse.

The giant doors opened as Alex was shown to everyone. Murmurs of how great he looked were heard from the guests on the floor as everyone bowed to the soon to be king. He walked down the blue carpet towards his mother and father at the altar.

He looked to his left and smiled at Ben and Mal, the latter having a sad look on her face once he passed.

Fairy Godmother stepped up to the Altar and hugged Belle. She turned to the current king and curtsied before reaching up and taking the crown from his head. She walked over to where Alex had kneeled and placed the crown on his head, with Mal looking nervous to his left.

Alex's father removed the glass casing of the magic wand as Belle picked it up, before handing it to its owner. Mal looked up to her friends, who shared her nervous look. Fairy Godmother stood in front of Alex.

"Do you solemnly swear, to govern the peoples of Auradon, with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?" She asked the prince. Mal stared up at the interaction.

"I do solemnly swear." Alex answered, smiling up at them.

She tapped each of his shoulders with the wand. "Then it is my honour, and my joy, to bless our new king-" She was cut off from her speech as the wand was grabbed from her hand. A stream of energy was shot from its tip as it hit the barrier, creating a hole in its outside.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asked the girl.

"If you won't make me beautiful I'll do it myself!" Jane shouted back as the force of the wand forced her side to side. Alex ran in front of Ben and Mal. "Bibbity, bobbity, boo!" She tried to cast but to no avail.

The guests ducked down as she was shook around. Mal ran around the boys and to the girl and eventually forced the wand from her hand. Alex and Ben stood in front of her as Evie, Jay and Carlos ran down from the balcony.

"Mal, it's ok." Alex tried to reason with her.

"Guys stand back." She warned them. The other three ran in from the doors and down the aisle.

"Just give me the wand, Mal." Ben followed suit from his brother.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal shouted.

"I told you so." Audrey spoke from the side as Mal turned to face her, forcing gasps from everyone as Audrey backed off.

"Let's go."

"Revenge time."

Alex looked over at Evie. "You really wanna do this?" She looked down guiltily.

"We have no choice Alex. Our parents-"

"You're parents made their choice. Now you get to make yours." He told them. Mal looked up at the three on the altar, and their looks of concern.

"I think I wanna be good." She said honestly.

"You are good." Alex once again looked at Evie. "All of you."

"How do you know that?!" Mal asked them.

"Because.. because we're listening to our hearts." Ben told her, as her face softened.

"I wanna listen to my heart too." She lowered the wand and turned her her friends. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents."