𝟎𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

"What do you think happened?" Jace asked as he sat on his bed, indulging his brother, the whole incident didn't sit right with him but he was also too happy they were okay to question it.

Jordan sighed and sat next to him and shrugged, "I don't know but something happened and it starts with the barn. Those poles should've killed us, but we just walked out fine? Yeah right and plus dad and mom are acting suspicious about it."

Jace couldn't help but agree, he had seen the looks they passed each other when they thought one of them wasn't looking. But when he lifted the pole off them alongside Clarke, it felt like it was as light as paper so he wasn't sure how heavy they really were.

"Well I can come if Jon doens't want to figure it out but it'll have to be in the morning because I'm going to this bonfire at the mine tommorw night." Jace told his brother as he ruffled his dark head of curls and Jordan laughed lightly but pushed him away and swatted his hands.

"Yeah Sarah invited us and thanks for you know beliving me," Jordan replied softly, his parents treated him like glass when they found out he had social anxiety but Jon and Jace were the only ones that treated him the same. Jon's teasing did go a little far sometimes but they were twins so Jordan knew whatever Jon said it was just the heat of the moment or a joke but Jace had always been soft, just there leading an eye to the both of them. He had been the one to get them ready for school, helped them with bullies and homework and played football with them on the weekends when his parents were at work or too tired to function.

"Of course," Jace said pulling his brother into a hug as he looked outside with a frown on his face. Jace wasn't sure what happened but something was up and if it was what he thought it was then maybe he wouldn't be so alone anymore.

𝐉𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐉𝐎𝐍 to come along with them to search the barn for an explanation but that didn't mean Jon was convinced something actually happened. "You really think Dad's hiding something from us?" Jon asked dubiously with a raised eyebrow at Jordan.

"We had all those poles land on us. Besides, how did he get them up off of us so fast, anyway?" Jordan replied and Jace waved at himself and flexed his muscles and Jon sent him a deadpan look and said, "Adrenalie, maybe? Like a soccer mom lifting a car king of thing becuase no where else Jace could or would lift something heavy, he's too lazy."

Jace clutched his heart in offence, "Rude. Last time I'm saving you a pair of knuckle heads and he pulled Jon into him and ruffled his hair, ignoring his squak of annoyance.

Jordan sent the pair a look that said he was done with them and said, "Dad can't put up a Christmas tree without falling off the ladder. And what's the thing he says every single time we come here?"

"Don't put your finger in that"? I don't know," Jon replied after a deep breath when he finally pulled himself away from his older brother. "Don't blow the speakers or make grandma deaf?" Jace replied, remembering the times his father always told him to tread lightly on the cords. Martha loved to hear the boy play but he had a habit of playing music too loudly.

Jordan rolled his eyes and said, ""Stay out of the barn," dumbasses."

"Jordan, what are we looking for, anyways?," Jon asked, still unsure of what they were even doing in the barn again.

"Just something unusual. Something out of place," Jordan replied, shrugging clearly unsure himself as he walked around the barn trying to find something. Jace twirled the heavy crowbar around in his hands and looked around obliviously but stopped when Jordan paused and kept putting his pressure on a floorboard that was making a noise.