~ chapter one ~

28 January.

Niall's p.o.v

"Baby, just relax. You'll be fine," I lock my hands around Juliette's waist and softly press a kiss against her forehead. She closes her eyes for a moment, but opens them a moment later and smiles at me.

"Thank you," she says and pecks my lips in a chaste kiss.

"Now let's go, buttercup." I grab her hand and drag her to my car. I open her door and close it once she's in, hopping into the driver's seat.

"To a new beginning." I say and place my one hand on her knee, the other one occupied with driving.

"To new beginnings." she says and squeezes my hand.

-

To say it has been a busy year since the beginning of our last year in high school would be a complete and utter understatement. So much happened, it almost seemed unreal.

I used to be the world's biggest asshat. Drinking, hooking up with strangers and even occasionally doing some drugs, I was just a body floating on earth, stealing someone worthy's oxygen. But soon I met a girl I've always thought of as a challenge, and boy was she a tough one. At first she hated me, but soon we got to know each other and I stopped drinking, smoking, without even noticing. She had changed me and made me a better person. Through it all my brother was also in a coma, but I always had her. And soon enough we started dating.

But it was only 5 and a half months into the relationship that I couls feel myself slowly falling for her. A lot had happened, like my dad making an appearance in my life, and because of so many things happening in both our lives we haven't spent that much time together. But even though we didn't, a fuzzy and weird feeling started to erupt inside of me and I figured it was love. Everyday it grew a little bit stronger, but I knew she didn't love me just yet. I am perfectly fine with that, since she is the first girl ever that I really love, but I knew sooner or later I would have to tell her how I felt, even if I couldn't put into words the way she made me feel.

-

"I cannot believe it's my first day of college!" Juliette sqeauls for the 100th time.

"I'm so proud of you, babygirl." I say truthfully and hug her tightly againt my chest.

"I should probably get going," she says and pulls back from the hug, but I still hold her close in my arms. "But thank you, Niall. For everything." she places a hand on my cheek - I learned she always does that when she is really happy or loving - and slowly moves it down to my neck. She smoothly pulls my head down until our forehead's touch.

"You are the best boyfriend ever." she whispers and closes the space between us as her lips ghost over mine. Soon our lips were moving in sync and I take her bottom lip between my teeth in a passionate kiss.

"I. Really. Gotta. Go." she mumbles between delicate kisses and I pull away.

"Have a wonderful day, love. I'll miss you." She smiles sincerely at me and nods.

"I'll pick you up at 3."

"Bye, Niall." she pecks my lips once more before turning around and walking into the direction many other students were walking into.

"Bye, I love you..." I whisper to myself as I see her enter the big hall where they were having their welcoming assembly.

I silently walk back to my car, feeling like I just shipped my girlfriend halfway around the world. Even though she is as close as ever to home, I still feel like she's gone.

College was different. There was so much more work, the people were a lot more and the parties a lot worse. But I guess I didn't have to worry, Juliette was close by and if she needed anyone I would be right there.