~ chapter three ~

prepare to flip shit :)
sorry, x

1 February

Niall's p.o.v

"Juley," I whisper, slightly shaking Juliette who had her head rested in my lap. I was sitting on the couch, my fingers running soothingly through her hair. I lean down and kiss the top of her head, whispering her name again. Her eyes slowly flutter open and a whine leaves her lips.

"Niall?" she asks, obviously confused of where she was and with who.

"Yes, it's me, baby. Come on, let's get you to bed." I say and manage myself out underneath of her and pick her up bridal style. I smile fondly at her as she snuggles into my chest, fisting my t-shirt with her small hands. I slowly walk up the stairs, careful not to bump into anything. I kick my bedroom door open with my foot and walk to my bed. Luckily my bed wasn't made, so I delicately place Juliette on my side of the bed, pulling the covers over her body. I tuck the blanket in at the sides and lean down, softly placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Niall, don't go." she whines and I smile. Just as I was about to take her up on her idea, the doorbell rings.

"I have to go get that, love. I'll be back in just a sec."

I walk down the stairs once again and walk to the door, swinging it open without a care in the world. A gasp escaped my mouth when I saw who it was.

"Andrew." I breathed and I just wanted to fall off of the face of the earth.

"I'm still your father, Niall, and I don't appreciate you calling me on my first name."

"You wanna know what I don't appreciate?" I mimiced, anger boiling up in me, "That you left us all! And for what? A better life in fucking America -"

"Don't swear, Niall." he interrupted and a sarcastic laugh came from me a moment later.

"Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do? If I'm not mistaken, I grew up without a dad. I think I turned out just fine without you. I didn't need you then and I sure as hell do not need you now."

I slammed the door in his face and became aware of how heavily I was breathing. I rush back up stairs, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. When I reach my room I almost slam the door, but my eyes fall upon Juliette who was fast asleep, cuddling into my pillow.

Slowly I slide down my door and pull my knees to my chest. Slowly sobs rack through my body, violent tears spilling from my eyes. My heart was aching. I wanted to forgive my dad so badly, but I couldn't. Not after what he did to our family. After he left, my mum would stay in bed all day, barely eating and barely speaking. She lost her job and we went through financial shit for a year. That's when I started dealing, when I was 15. I didn't want to get involved with drugs, but it was our only income and you make a shitload of money. I was in the business for about 9 months, before my mum was stable again and got a job. Greg, on the other hand, just got drunk all the time. He was closer to our dad than I was and it was a big blow for him.

"Niall?" I peek up from my arms that were crossed over my knees to see Juliette sitting up in my bed.

"Are you okay?" she asks softly and gets out of my bed, walking over to me and sitting next to me.

"I'm fine," I brush it off, moving so that she couldn't touch me.

"Who was at the door? Was it someone who made you upset?" she asks and places her small hand on my knee. I move my knee, her hand dropping into her lap.

"No, i-it was just someone from work." I lie through my teeth, cursing myself for stuttering.

"Why did they come here? You work at a tattoo parlour." she asks suspiciously and slight irritation laces through my voice as I answer,

"It was just about a meeting. Fuck, do you need to know everything? I'm fine." I get up from the floor, leaving her sitting there and I pace for a moment, ending up by the side of my bed.

"You were crying." she says and also gets up, walking over to me and placing a hand on my shoulder. I flinch away from her touch, taking a step back. My heart aches as I see hurt flash through her eyes, but she quickly blinks it away.

"It's nothing, really."

"Niall, you don't have to push me away. You can tell me any -"

"Can you please leave?" I ask softly, my eyes glued to my feet. I couldn't look at her when I spoke such harsh words. I see her feet in front of mine as her hand reaches out to take mine. I pull my hand back, hissing,

"Don't touch me."

She backs away slowly and I immediately regret saying that to her.

"Niall, I just -"

"I said," I pause, sucking in a deep breath before almost yelling,"LEAVE."

-

With a small tub of frozen yogurt, I rock back in forth in the big bathtub. My cheeks were sticky from tears, my eyes red, swollen and they stung. My throat was hoarse from all the yelling and sobbing.

After Juliette left I only cried more. I hated myself for being so horrible to her when she was trying to comfort me, but I didn't want her dragged in by my family's history. I didn't want her knowing how bad it was or how I used to deal. I want her to think I'm the good person that she likes. I want to be that person. I don't want my dad getting close to her, I didn't want them near each other at all.

The only way to keep her out of this is by pushing her away until it's all over.

-

a/n: ik it's short, sorry. next chapter will be longer, x