Chapter 15:Shocking Pink

Start from the beginning

"Too bad," Y/N growled, "I am not you."

Jennie finished her ice cream and set it down with a fake pout, "That's not fair. I'm different now - going straight and all that."

Y/N's lip curled, "I bet your girlfriend would say different if I asked her."

"She wouldn't be able to tell you," Jennie replied inconsequentially. she wiped her lips with a napkin, "We broke up last week."

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Again?"

Jennie shrugged, "It was her turn to call things off."

Y/N shook her head, disapproving but resigned, "You two are so... weird. How many times have you broken up?"

Jennie gave it some thought, "Twenty? It's a thing we do. She'll probably come running back soon."

Y/N snorted, "If she is smart, she won't."

"I'm Seoul's best detective. What girl could resist?"

"Seoul's best fraud, maybe," Y/N retorted, "I still think you joining the police force is a trick. You wouldn't quit your gang all of a sudden without a reason?"

Jennie bit her lower lip and leaned back on her chair, "Call it a change of heart."

As Y/N was about to talk back, she realised her phone was buzzing silently beside her, and she picked it up to answer the call.

"What is the point of owning a phone if you're not going to pick it up?" came Nayeon's voice.

Y/N's expression pinched, "I just picked it up now! What do you want?"

"Are you near Ilsan lake Park?"

Y/N frowned, looking at Jennie, "Are we near Ilsan lake Park ?"

"Two trains stop." Jennie replied and picked on her nails.

Y/N returned her attention back to her phone, "Yes, I am."

Nayeon's voice was impatient as she said, "I need you to look for something. It's a red pouch, about as big as your hand. It should've washed up near the lake of the park, so start there - but whatever you do, don't open it."

"Why? Is it porn?"

Jennie suddenly tried to snatch the phone from Y/N's hand, but Y/N dodged and leaned away.

"Funny," said Nayeon, "But no, it belongs to a guest who came in last night. She's goddamn distraught, so bring it back fast."

Y/N sighed as she gathered her backpack, "Fine. I'll call you later."

Y/N hung up and looked at Jennie, "I'm out of here."

"No way," said Jennie, "What makes you think I'm going to let you film a fucking porno?"