10. cause and effect

chapter ten,
cause and effect

        PHOEBE HAD NOW officially wrapped her first movie

        PHOEBE HAD NOW officially wrapped her first movie. Although it had been stressful, she was going to miss it. But at the moment, she was relieved that she was going to have more time to spend with her family and Ricky and more time to spend working on her album. She'd also decided that she was staying in Salt Lake for a while longer.

Gina and Phoebe rushed out of the gym for two different reasons. Phoebe wanted to see Ricky as soon as possible and Gina was eager to get to rehearsal. They thanked and congratulated everyone as they passed through the crowd that had formed in the hallway.

"What's up, my Wildcats?" Bart Johnson walked beside them, leaning close to show them in his video he was taking for his Instagram story. "We just wrapped High School Musical 4 and I'm here with Phoebe Miller and Gina Porter. Now, technically, Disney won't let me share spoilers, but they were incredible in this film as one artsy, sarcastic girl and one Mensa-level cheerleader who manage to convince Miss Darbus not to retire in the last five minutes of the film! What?"

        "Thank you, Coach, we gotta go," Gina hurried away from him, Phoebe a few steps behind her. 

        "Phoebe, you sounded amazing in the song today," Alyson Reed complimented. "Both of you sounded amazing through the whole movie, really."

        "Thanks, Aly," Phoebe smiled at her as she searched for Ricky.

        "You're the best, but I've gotta run, I gotta get to rehearsal," Gina told her.

        Phoebe squealed when she felt arms wrap around her from the back. She was lifted into the air and spun around before set back down on the ground. "Ricky," she laughed, looking up at her boyfriend.

        "You killed it in there!" Ricky exclaimed. He leaned down to kiss her.

"Thanks, honey," she grinned. "I'm gonna miss Math Nerd Boy the most." She looked down at his costume. "Did I ever tell you this costume oddly looks good on you?"

"No, but now I know you've got a thing for Math Nerd Boy."

"I think I've got more of a thing for the guy playing him," she pretended to think. "Have you heard of him? I think his name is. . . Richard Bowen or something like that. . ."

        "He sounds like a pretty cool dude."

        "Eh, he's okay," she shrugged.