05. go far

chapter five,
go far

        PHOEBE HAD SUCCESSFULLY managed to get Quinn to not change the entire script for High School Musical 4

        PHOEBE HAD SUCCESSFULLY managed to get Quinn to not change the entire script for High School Musical 4. It took a bit to convince her that changing the entire movie to cut out Bailey would push filming back even later.

        Truthfully, Phoebe hadn't wanted to be the lead, but Quinn kept insisting that Paige was always meant to be the main character. Apparently, the only reason Bailey was made was because Mack threatened to quit if Dani wasn't in the movie.

"I'm gonna throw up," Phoebe mumbled as Ricky led her through the part of the parking lot where the trailers were set up. "This just became a hell of a lot more real."

        "You'll be fine," Ricky assured her. He moved so he was standing in front of her and grabbed her hands. "You're gonna do great. You always do." She smiled up at him. "But I gotta say, waking up at six AM just to be in a movie has me seriously rethinking my destiny as the next Timothee Hal Chalamet."

        "You didn't have to come with me to set," Phoebe frowned. "I would've been okay." She paused. "Why do you know Timothee Chalamet's middle name?"

        "Don't change the subject," Ricky lightly scolded. "Five hours of sleep wasn't gonna stop me from dropping you off on your first official day as a movie star."

        Phoebe winced. "Let's hope I can actually survive my first day before we start calling me a movie star." Noticing Ricky's attention was focused on something behind her, she furrowed her brows and turned to see a trailer door with her name in a star. "Oh. . ."

        "I mean, I've always wanted to be a private trophy boyfriend, so everything's going according to plan, actually," Ricky joked. His smile slowly fell when he noticed the look on her face. "What're you thinking?"

        "It's just. . . a lot right now," she told him, shooting him another smile. "I'll be okay. Promise. You being here means a lot to me." She squeezed his hands.

        "Well, you are quite literally the easiest person in the world to root for," he shrugged. "I just wish I could shout it from rooftops."

        He leaned down to kiss her. Their lips had only met for half a second before they were interrupted by a security guard. "Excuse me? I'm sorry, lovebirds, but this section is for main cast only. No extras."

"Oh, um," Ricky pulled away. "My totally platonic friend here is kind of a big deal."

"Honey, he was talking about you," Phoebe whispered to him, looking down at her clearly visible lanyard that held her cast card on her neck.