"i didn't say no!" Caroline raised her voice making him turn around.

of course she wanted to go help Big John, she'd do anything for the boys. Caroline felt if she didn't let everything out to JJ she never would.

"it's just that- actually, one last thing. when you see Mike, could you just let him know that i don't feel bad about the money clip? okay? let him know i actually needed it. so thank him for me, actually. thank you." JJ faked a smile walking away again as a tear rolled down Caroline's cheek.

"you're really acting like this? like you don't care? you've been after me trying to talk about us and now that i'm finally ready to talk about us you don't care? i get it. since we've gotten back it's been shit and i know we both hate it. but the days without you have been so shit that i can't stop thinking about you because i love you more than anything and i don't want to lose you again because everything i said was all bullshit." Caroline let out feeling the weight lift off her shoulders finally having the words to tell him.

after weeks of trying to figure out what to say she finally knew what to tell him.

"thanks. okay, great, no, look. you were right. we needed a break and it's not gonna work right now, okay? i'm gonna go help our best friend save his father. maybe i'll see you at the break when i get back." JJ walked over to her looking her in the eyes, the brown eyes he loved so much were filled with tears and he hated saying it all.

"J." she whispered.

"if i get back." with that Caroline watched him walk away.

__

Caroline sat at the side of the docks swinging her legs back at forth with a drink in her hand. she sniffled setting the glass aside letting the tears roll down her cheeks.

"it's not gonna work." JJ's voice repeated over and over again in her head.

"stop!"

Caroline turned around seeing John B and Topper arguing, she quickly stood up rushing over when Topper laughed at John B. she watched him turn around and threw a punch at him, she gasped running over as John B repeatedly started punching Topper.

"John B!"

"hey! get out of here!" Mike pulled John B off Topper.

Caroline ran over with Zachery pulling John B away as JJ stood in front of his best friend.

"get off of him." JJ yelled at Mike, Zachery stood in front of JJ pulling him away.

"John B." Caroline clutched her best friends shirt.

"that's what i'm talking about! both of you get out of here!" Mike yelled at the two boys.

"boys, go. i'll check in on you two later. Caroline, get to the car." Zachery tells the three.

"dad-"

"now, Caroline!" Zachery looked at his daughter.

John B, JJ and Caroline looked at each other going their separate ways.

__

Caroline sat in her backyard kicking her legs in the water as she sat by the pool still in her outfit from the party. Zachery had gone to the château to check in on the boys and she stayed up waiting for her father. she heard the car approach watching the lights shut off while Zachery walked in from the backyard spotting his daughter.