❦1❦

Florence's POV

I was chilling in my house, browsing on Netflix and looking for something to watch. I had been looking at my TV for approximately 30 minutes and without any success, I had decided to give up and take a nap because I had nothing else to do.

I had finished my glass of wine and turned off the TV then laid on the couch. I closed my eyes, hoping that I would fall asleep and soon heard my phone ringing. It was my agent, Sam. I had decided to not answer the call because I had intended to take a nap so I just let the phone ring. After the phone stopped ringing, I got a text from her.

"Hey, Flo! Answer the phone. It's important!"

After I had got the text, the phone rang again. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"Hello?" I asked, hoping that the call didn't take long for me to answer.

"Flo, hi!" She sounded happy and excited for some reason.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Okay so listen, don't freak out, okay?"

"Okay..." I said, curious as to what this was all about.

"You got it! It's happening!" She finally screamed into the phone.

"Got what?" I asked, still not knowing what she's talking about.

"The Don't Worry Darling part! Olivia had just called me and told me that they want you to be the lead!"

"What? Really?" My boredom suddenly had disappeared and I had felt chills running all over my body.

"I'll send you the script as soon as I have it, okay?"

"Do you know who else is starring in it?" I asked.

"So far, no but I'll tell you as soon as I know."

"Okay thanks!" I said, trying to not sound too excited. "Bye."

A couple of days later, I was given the script. I'm not gonna lie. It was one of the best scripts that I had ever read, which just made me more excited about the movie. I loved my part as soon as I read it and everything about Alice, my character was interesting and new. I just couldn't help but think  about who would be playing Jack, my love interest.

Even though rehearsals were to start in 5 weeks, I had began to work on a backstory for Alice, which is something that I do every time that I get a new role. I like inventing the whole biography of my character in order to get to know about them a bit better and know how they would think and react to certain things.

Because the role was kinda big, I had began working with the acting coaches almost every single day for about 5 hours a day. We had done multiple exercises such as improvisation, monologues, trust exercises and more. They had also helped me learn my lines and encouraged me to improvise based on my character and the script.

As the beginning of rehearsals came closer, I was feeling more and more nervous to the point where I suddenly felt like I was going to throw up. I kept bugging Sam about my co-stars were going to be but she had kept replying that she didn't know who they were.

Three days before rehearsals, I was called by the director, Olivia Wilde, the casting director and the producers. I had talked to Olivia before so I wasn't nervous about meeting them.

The meeting was set in the producer's office which were the script readings and rehearsals were going to take place. That day, I decided to put on some pants and my hair in a messy bun since it just didn't require more professional clothing and I was told that the meeting was going to be short. I just didn't really know why the meeting was taking place and so I had just assumed that it was to sign the contract which I hadn't done.