Present day

You looked at the book on the table. You grabbed it and approached Lok. "Do you have a bag for this?" You asked.

Loki looked at the title of the book. "They still don't know, do they?" Loki asked. You shook your head. If your friends and family looked through the book, they would know about your past, about the experiments.

You can't have them know.

"They don't need to", You said.

"They're your families".

"Those days of lab experiment Y/N is over. I'm burying it in the past. That means no one will find out", you said.

Loki takes the book from you. "They'd want to know", he said, opening the book to a random page.

Loki goes pale for a moment. You looked at the page he was on.

There was a picture of a carving into a tree.

L + Y/F/I (Your first initial)

"That was on our first date", you said.

"You said it would make our love last forever", Loki said with a small smile.

You nodded. You did say that. "I thought it would be. I thought we would spend 5,000 years together", you said.

5,000 years was the lifespan of an Asgardian, but you wanted to spend an eternity with him.

"Y/N, I didn't break up with you because I don't love you", Loki said. "I became really busy and my absence left you unhappy. You shouldn't have to wait for someone who can't give you what you want".

"Loki, I wanted to be with you".

"Exactly. My trips away from Midgard seemed to be getting longer and I'm unsure when they will end", Loki said.

"You're here now. Is your trips not over with?" You asked.

"Odin has allowed me to take a break for my hard work, but my mission is far from over".

You wanted to know what this mission is, but you knew Loki wouldn't tell you about it. You asked him time and time again, but he never spilled.

All he would say is 'I'm doing something right for once'.

"Loki, you're the only person I have told about my past. And despite the fact that things have been rocky between us, I trust you", you said. "Please keep this hidden".

Loki sighed in defeat. "Telling them would be a good option", he said. "But if you wish to keep it a secret, I'll hide the book".

Loki grabbed your book. "I'm sorry about Frigga", you said. Loki gives you a small smile, but he doesn't say anything.

"Look what I found!" Everyone turned to Luna, who looked down at a book. Everyone gathered around her.

Luna was on the front cover. The pink words on the blue cover glistened in the light.

'The Extraordinary Luna Lovegood'

Luna opens the book to Chapter 3. "Universe 876", Hermione reads.

"It's about every Lunas in the multiverse", Peter said. He turned to you. "Do you think....maybe there's a universe where I'm with my parents?"

"It is possible", you said.

"Another me could remember them, what they were like", Peter said. "I think about them sometimes. I wonder if they..." Peter paused. You put a hand on his shoulder. When he speaks again, you notice his voice slightly breaking. "I wonder what they would think of me-if they would be proud of me".