TELL NO TALES

[Present Day]

"The pirates are coming! The pirates are coming!" A young boy said. "Clear the streets! The pirates are coming! They're here! Take cover!" Someone said. "Pirates!" A woman exclaimed

"Pirates! They're here! They're coming for all of us! The pirates are coming!" The boy said.

"He's gotta stop." A man complainted.

"Everybody, run!"

"Not this again."

"Go inside!"

"Every day, this kid."

"Pirates! The pirates are coming! They're attacking the village! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates. Man the cannons! Batten the hatches!"

"Oh! I'll batten your hatches, you idiot! Fear not! No pirate will get past me. There are no pirates. Haven't been in years."

"That's where you're wrong. I know they're coming any day now. But fear not, the Great Captain Usopp will protect you." Usopp said to him.

Usopp chuckled as he looked at him.

"When are you gonna stop wasting your life, Usopp? It's pathetic."

"The pirates are coming! Pirates! Pirates! The pirates are coming! They're coming!" Usopp said as he ran his mouth more.

[Straw Hat Pirates]

"Never seen that before." Nami said. "Hey, Nami. Nami!" Luffy said calling out her name. "What?" She asked. "It's ready!" He said, "And what is it?" Roger questioned. "Our Jolly Roger. Every pirate crew has to have one. And now we do!" Luffy replied. "We're not a crew, and you are not hanging that on my boat." Caspian said.

"Zoro! Zoro, check it out." Leafy said. "That's unique. Nami, I think the toilet's busted." Zoro said to Nami. "We don't have a toilet." She stated. "Oh. Well, then something back there's leaking." Leafy said. "What? No! shit. We're taking in water. What did you do?" She questioned Zoro.

"I didn't do anything." Zoro said.

"The way you're clanging those swords around, you must've broken something." Nami said.

"Maybe you should've stolen a better boat." Zoro responded. "Guys. Guys. Guys. Okay, crew meeting." Luffy said. "Not a crew! Not a crew." Both Nami and Zoro said in union. "We're gonna need a better ship to make it to the Grand Line. A real pirate ship. Worthy of the Straw Hat Crew." Luffy stated.

All of them were taken back. "Wait. Straw Hat Crew? Really Luffy?" Leafy asked him. "Yeah, I thought it had a nice ring to it." Luffy replied. '"Demon" has a nice ring to it. Headgear? Not scary." Roger said. "Who says pirates have to be scary? The point is we need a new ship." Seahawk added.

"So where do we get one?" Zoro asked.

"Our closest bet is the Gecko Islands. We can probably make it there before our ship sinks." Nami replied. "Good. I hope we get one with a working toilet." Leafy said. 

"Great job, navigator." Luffy replied.

"You're still not hanging that on my ship." She stated.

[Marine Base]

"Get down that rigging!"

"Aye, sir! Double time!" A marine said. 

"You heard him! Double time!" Another marine stated. 

"Cadets had better prove yourself if you're gonna sail under me. The pirates who attacked Shells Town have a head start. But once I sink my teeth in, I don't let go. Am I understood, Marines?" Garp said to the marines. "Aye, sir!" They replied.