19. Liam

Theo and I glanced at each other, a little caught off guard; we were going to have to tread very lightly here. We were hoping she wouldn't remember, wouldn't have a reason to withdraw even further when we barely knew her as it was.

If I did know her better, I'd definitely be teasing her about her drunkenly inviting us to double team her. Based on what I'd seen of her personality so far, I could already tell that she was extremely unlikely to ever request something like that when sober. Maybe—MAYBE—if she really knew and trusted us. One day.

In that illicit text Theo had read, Ana claimed to be a "huge flirt" who hadn't been fucked in months. So I don't know, it was possible that she was an animal in bed. Maybe she regularly requested threesomes when she got trashed.

But I really fucking hoped that wasn't the case.

Not that it would make me think any less of her. She obviously wasn't a virgin, which was fine. Just... picturing her on her hands and knees, between two random men...Wasn't a great image.

But judging by the way she was shielding herself right now, with her face buried in her lap, she wasn't entirely comfortable with that image, either.

"Ana," Theo said carefully, pausing to look at me over her head, "You know... We'd never touch you...like that... Not when you're that drunk. You know that, right?"

My skin prickled. I shot Theo a look of disbelief and mouthed "What the fuck". She didn't—She wasn't asking that because she thought...??

"Ana..." I turned towards her, hesitantly placing a gentle hand on her knee. Her head shot up, and she smoothed her hair back, squaring her shoulders with forced confidence.

"Of course I know that," She said cooly. "And thank God," she chuckled, but it sounded weak. "I'd never ask something like that if I was sober."

I rolled my eyes at Theo, who was nodding seriously at Ana, trying not to smile. He was entirely too patient with her.

"Except..." I ran my thumb gently across her knee. "Typically, drunk people don't lie... They just say what they really want, because of their lack of inhibitions." She sucked in a sharp intake of breath, refusing to make eye contact with me, even though the room was barely lit by the light coming in from the window.

"I'm just a horny drunk. I say stupid shit like that when I'm drunk," she muttered, very subtly squirming.

"What did I say about the squirming earlier, Ana?" Theo murmured, inching closer to her.

"And why are you lying to us now, Ana? We can't be friends if you're already building our relationship on dishonesty." I teased her, biting my lip as I watched her squirm some more.

"I am not—" She huffed, quickly glancing at me, then at Theo. "You're both really fucking hot! As I've said. And as annoying as you two are right now, you seem...like decent people. That was just—It's been a while, ok? But I don't. I don't—"

"Don't normally tell hot guys you just met that you've never tried anal. No, yeah, I figured that," I stifled a laugh.

"Liam, I thought we weren't going to bring th—"

"No, no let's!" Ana suddenly exclaimed. "Let's just lay it all out. Because I think I'm giving you guys the impression that I'm this sweet, docile little doe-eyed Bambi—"

"Yeah no, you were a huge bitch this morning," Theo muttered at the same time I said, "Not even slightly."

"Alright, we're all attracted to each other. We don't know what that means yet. We don't actually know each other yet. But you guys let me stay here—thank you, in case I haven't said it yet—and you didn't take advantage of me. Even when I apparently begged for it. Fuck my life, by the way. " I smiled and turned my head away from her, and Theo coughed to hide a laugh.

"You don't appear to be creeps. Aunt Melody seems to think you're good guys... but I'm not a relationship girly. I'm not a 'sleep around with guys I just met' girly, either, though." She took a deep breath, chewing her bottom lip rather distractingly before continuing.

"And despite what I told Theo... I guess I-I'd like to...be friends. Real friends. Like spend time with you—without all the weird innuendoes and sexual tension, if possible—and then just... see what happens. I'm tired of feeling awkward and saying weird, embarrassing shit and fucking squirming like a bitch in heat because of your weird-ass, way-too-intense stares." She paused to look directly at me, giving me an icy glare, made even more haunting in the dim lighting.

"...What?!" I asked, throwing my arms up.

"You're doing it right now!"

"You keep chewing your lip! We can be as friendly as you want, but that doesn't really change the fact that—"

"That there's a weird, aggressively sexual, dare I say romantic tension, between us. Yeah. Well, I'd like to try to ignore that. So that we get to know each other before—"

"Before we inevitably fuck," Theo finished for her. She threw a pillow at his face, and it truthfully looked like it might have actually hurt. You'd have to be as dumb as a fucking rock to ever mistake her for a sweet, doe-eyed Bambi.

Theo was right; she wasn't usually the type of girl I got along best with. But I was beginning to think she and I could have a lot of fun together. She could think she was in charge, and I'd probably play along sometimes, let her think I'm soft and that she could get away with anything, like she probably does with every over man she's ever been with.

...Until it was time for her to learn the truth.

Then she and I could really have some fun.

"I never said that! I said we could see what happens! So if we get along well as friends, then..."

...Then?

She chuckled awkwardly, but didn't finish her sentence. Theo scratched the back of his neck, without a witty comeback for once. Or maybe he was massaging it after the whiplash he probably got from getting a pillow smashed in his face. I sighed loudly, unable to think of a way to finish her sentence for her as well.

...And I also kinda wanted to wait to see what she'd eventually say. Were we actually going to talk about...a threesome? Sharing her? Figuring out a possibly irreversibly-damaging love triangle?

If she wasn't a "relationship girly", did that mean she'd also be seeing other people? Would our friendship even survive a situationship like that?

Or would it be a one-time thing, just to get it out of our systems and move on?

"Then..." Ana finally whispered, shrugging innocently, then smoothing her hair behind her ears. "Then I guess I'll need to invest in some good lube, right?"

...Right.

So then.

Yeah.

No fucking way would this be a one-time thing.